Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Whites

Had fun day playing with detectors and helping host a get together. Weather was perfect and a lot of well deserved relaxation took place for everyone.

There was a lot of busy work in the hosting but was able to get a lot of feedback on machines. We were in a cedar grove type of setting that did produce some coins and jewelry (costume stuff). Nothing worth noting but a lot of education took place for us all and some good insight was gained on Whites machines.

Admittedly we were not in an area to truly test out a gold machine but in the testing we found the GMZ to be very competent in finding targets on par with the GMT. For someone working in a natural (unworked) environment, it would perform excellent. If a lot of iron, shot, blade slivers are present...the price spread to the GMT would be more than worth it. For someone who works exclusively "virgin" (or non-industrial worked) areas,wants an easy machine to master, and huge value...great choice.

Hi,

I'll be doing some nugget detecting with one soon. I suspect it will also do well in dry beach sand for micro-jewelry. I'm not sure if the salt setting will handle wet salt sand as it was designed to compensate for dry alkali salt flats.

The unit is hot, hot, hot on tiny gold in moderate to low mineral areas. Should be killer with a shooter coil. I'm not sure however how it will handle severe mineralization and hot rocks.

Steve Herschbach