Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW VIRUS THREAT

vstar2007

A police officer friend of mine sent this to me.

PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST!!
A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever. This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee . This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored.
This virus acts in the following manner:
It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title:
'You've received a Post Card from a Family member'.
As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened the computer freezes so that the user has to reboot. When the ctrl+alt+ delkeys or the reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Ze ro, thus permanently destroying the hard disk. Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York , according to news broadcast by CNN.
This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself.
So don't open any mails with subject:'A Post Card from ..' As soon as you get the mail, delete it !! Even if you know the sender !!!
Please pass this mail to all of your friends.

Just wanted to pass it on

I never open anything such as virtual cards and in most cases forwards of anything and definitely nothing sent to me using my own email address as the sender to me...and not me...I might be old but I know what I send to myself.

I got rid of ZoneAlarm because it stopped updating...an indication to me a hacker figured out a way to shut down updates. Now using AVG 7.5 and PC Tools Firewall with ThreatFire.

ThreatFire is an easy-to-use application designed to protect your computer against malware such as trojans, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, and buffer overflows by intelligently detecting and blocking behavior consistent with that of malware. ThreatFire does this by constantly monitoring your system, and analyzing programs and process activity. Whenever ThreatFire detects any unusual process or activity, it will display an alert with further information on the threat. If it is a known threat, then ThreatFire will automatically quarantine the malware and no further action is required on your part. If the threat is unknown, or new, then ThreatFire will display an alert and prompt you to Allow or Quarantine the process. All alerts provide detailed information to help you make an informed decision.

PC Tools Firewall and ThreatFire are free and so is AVG 7.5 Antivirus.

It is a shame people have nothing better to do than see how much destruction, fear and panic they can spread. May God work on their hearts, bring them to their knees so they cry out to Him and they stop their evil ways.

Thanks for the warning. Hope it came it time to help others.

It started out in 2007. Windows made a patch to prevent this since that time.
Snopes suggests that if receive something with a legitimate name go tto their website instead and open it there and not use the link in the email.
May God bless you all.