Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Vaquero Lesson

christian_99

Hello Everyone, I realized something out in the field recently with the Vaquero and that is if you are hunting for relics, you might want to keep your discrimination in between all metal and iron nails. You will dig some nails, but you will ALSO dig some buttons. If anyone else has any thoughts on this it would be appreciated. If you get a signal you can also whip the coil very fast, similar to that of the Minelab. If it is a nail, it will break up, if it is good it will still sound "Very good". Hope this helps many and if anyone else has any other thought on user settings to assist- I am sure they would be appreciated as well. Keep on digging!

Good to read something other than "Someone done me wrong song". Just learning on my V and noticed that large iron will fool the disc clear up into the silver coin area. I once dug elbow deep in sand and never got to the target, it was sounding off at max disc. So later deduced that it was probably large iron, or could have been Black Beards treasure chest. Have a good one. JH

You may need to find where you dug that hole as sometimes with the machine once the halo is broken, you have to turn the discrimination down to detect the item that you pulled out of the hole. This has happened to me a number of times, where the signal is good, deep, and I dig, and have dug, until finally there is no signal in the hole. Once you lower the disc, you can find many good things in the pile of soil near or adjacent to your hole. Truly, a few buttons, a piece of lead, as well as a cuff button and percussion caps. With Tesoro, if it sings there is something in the hole. With other machines, I cannot say the same.

Dig all the deep,deep iron sounds....The detector, past a certain depth, loses the ability to discriminate correctly, it will see a non-ferrous target and "call" it ferrous, simply because it doesn't have enought information...Tnx RichardnTn

You will also get better penetration at that disc setting especially in mineralized ground. Get a piece of iron ore and GB your machine to it. Now, increse your disc, put a coin underneath the iron ore and in most cases, the machine will not see it. Now, lower the disc to the setting you mentioned and try it again, bet it will pick it up now. I guess it's because it's running real close to all metal. John

I know with my Cibola I've been in bad ground and got broken signals, only to dig them and find civil war bullets and buttons. I learned to dig almost everything in bad ground, as it fools just about every machine I've ever had. That said, I wouldn't trade the Cibola I've got for any machine on the market. Sometimes, I just go out to my garage and stare at it. It's a good friend, and usually doesn't lie to me.

I do the same in the highly mineralized soils.I dont mind digging a square nail now and then. I have heard some strange signals in bad ground that you would pass over in good ground which have turned out to be some fantastic relics. Plus I dont want to miss the gun parts, canister shot, or other small iron relics. DIG IT ALL ! You might cuss a nail or two, but your keepers will sure increase!...HH..."Doc"