Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New update not for Beach hunters.........

Bud-sc

I which back to the old update tonight after a week with new update. First I have the 15 inch coil before the update can go though water with no problem from falsing. The new update the Equinox wouldn't quite down no matter what I did. When hunting wet sand the chatter is bad also. For guys who hunt parks and fields this update is probably the cats meow but for Beach hunters.....nah.....I dig the bottle caps then having to hear all the chatter. In the old update I have my sensitivity set at 23 on beach 2 or 21/22 on beach 1 with not one peep. Iron bias 0....
New update no choice but to go down to 20/21 in beach 2.

So you’re saying no setting would settle the machine down you had to go back to the old . I thought you could go to FE and it would be The same as the original.?

Cell phone ?
The NOX is a more sensitivity detector. Did you try single frequency.

Donut said:
Cell phone ?
The NOX is a more sensitivity detector. Did you try single frequency.

I think I was the first person who was always saying to leave the cellphones in the car. I never bring my cellphone on the beach. Our beaches will not work in single frequency because to much black sand.

lse450cc said:
So you’re saying no setting would settle the machine down you had to go back to the old . I thought you could go to FE and it would be The same as the original.?

The new update is well just that a new update. Yeah they added a program but it's all still new. I not the only one.

I had no problem on my beaches here in Ct we have a mixture of red black sand in a lot of areas ..I dug some deep quarters to
Mark

You're confusing us.----Are you saying you went to FE WHILE in the new update and the detector settled down again?----Or are you saying you had to re-install the original (before the update) to get the machine settled down?

I hunt Florida salt beach wet sand/surf. The machine seems a lot more sensitive now. I like the new update for my type of beach and hunting.

Because it does get chatty at my old sensitivity, I lower it and lower recovery speed some to compensate for lowered sensitivity. Still learning about what works best in FE2.

So far so good.

ML emphasized the F2 and back light for the 600....... but i believe they mumbled other tweaks were done. Ive used it here in Fl to, but cant really say i saw much change to my settings. So were you using the ORIGINAL version or the SECOND update? I use the original version. The digits to me stayed more accurate. Honestly....... i never really had a problem with bottle caps IN THE WATER...... i assume it was the reduced power in Beach 2..... didnt quit light them up as much.

The new update works great if you find yourself pushed into the dry sand where the caps can drive you nuts.

I used the new update in NJ and basically saw no change in the wet sand or ankle deep water. I do disengage the horseshoe button in the wet and engage it in the dry. Sensitivity for me in the wet was around 21. In the dry up to 23. Ran the new F scale at 1 in the wet and jacked it to 5 in the dry. Recovery was left at 2. I never messed with it. Targets are not concentrated on the beach. Water was rough and cold so i didn't get too deep.

I never did flip back to the old FE scale. I heard it was kept so you could use it if you didn't like the new one.

Yeah, the old FE scale is still there for you (after you've done the update) if you want it with just the push of a button.
goodmore said:
The new update works great if you find yourself pushed into the dry sand where the caps can drive you nuts.

I used the new update in NJ and basically saw no change in the wet sand or ankle deep water. I do disengage the horseshoe button in the wet and engage it in the dry. Sensitivity for me in the wet was around 21. In the dry up to 23. Ran the new F scale at 1 in the wet and jacked it to 5 in the dry. Recovery was left at 2. I never messed with it. Targets are not concentrated on the beach. Water was rough and cold so i didn't get too deep.

I never did flip back to the old FE scale. I heard it was kept so you could use it if you didn't like the new one.

I hunted VA Beach once with the new update, I did dig a few bottle caps but they didn't sound like a good signal. Or if they did it changed after removing 1 scoop of sand. Depth makes a difference.
I had the F2 on 6 but will use 7 from now on. I tested the ones I dug and one sounded like a silver dime on F2 - 6 but changing it to 7 it sounded like an iron nail.

D&P-OR said:
You're confusing us.----Are you saying you went to FE WHILE in the new update and the detector settled down again?----Or are you saying you had to re-install the original (before the update) to get the machine settled down?

Downloaded the new update went to the beach chatter non stop...after week I went back to the old update and everything back to normal no problems.