Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to water detecting

Dean Stone

Hay guys,Has anyone used the Viper underwater detector from Kellco? I know it is cheep, but so are some other detector that work good. I think it hunts with 12kHz. I have a MXT but don,t like the salt water, and would like to hunt some parks when it is raining. This detector is water poof. Thinks for the help Dean

The Viper will not like salt water, save your money for a real water detector, you could do MUCH better, without spending too much more money.

Thinks Gulf Hunter for the reply, I just though that the viper would make a good salt water detector. I don,t know much about beach hunting,I am going to the beach 1st week of Oct. and would like to have something other than my MXT. Have you used the viper or know someone hat has, it is cheap and it can be used in parks on rain days. Thanks for your help Dean.

hey talk with Mr. Bill top post on page, he can set you up with a solid land/saltwater HH machine. Much better than the viper....

Hay CaptRobert,I know that a beachhunter or other would be alot better, but if I buy one of them I can,t go to Florida in Oct.NO money, so can anyone tell me how to keep my MXT dry? Not get salt mist in it, like plastic bag or something better. Thinks Dean

Well that would be one way but stay out of the water, it has a way of working its way into non water machines. Some use water proof tape for the joints also. remember that land machine dont handle saltwater very well at all. depth and stability are big issues.

As soon as possible get a true well built and designed water machine. Headhunters, Minelab excals, sovs, whites, garetts etc.

cheap foreign machines will never be anything but cheap. Remember with gold at $650+ an ounce you want to hunt with the best equipment you can. an ounce of gold 30 grams in it. does'nt take to many gold finds to hit 30 grams. Excals find gold very well...