Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to this forum and the MXT

jim in bama

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and the MXT just brought on and wondering if any has ever used a bigfoot on it. If so how do you ground balance? I have used it on my DFX and you have to hold it 45 deg. to the ground to balance, is the true with the MXT also?

Thanks and HH Jim in Bama :shrug:

Welcome to the forum Jim. I've got the Big Foot and LOVE it for school yards, etc. With the MXT's Big Foot, the back of it will double beep and the front half will only beep once when there's a target. When you have your target in the front half of your coil, swing it back and forth until you know the center of the target with trigger pulled.......push the coil forword until it stops shouting at you. Your target will be exactly in the middle of the coil where the rod is attached. EASY and I love it. Or when you find the target, pull trigger back, listen for the loudest signal, pull your coil back and when the signal stops, it's at the center front of your coil. Takes a bit of practice, but you can pinpoint an object so easy with the Big Foot coil. Usually 9 times out of 10, I can take my probe and hit the coin with the first approach to pinpointing (only use it for cladding). Good luck and enjoy your new toy.

Welcome to the forum Jim. You are going to love the MXT and especially what you find with it. I don't use the Bigfoot coil, but their are a lot of folks like Nancy-IL who will give you a lot of info on using them. Happy hunting, Dennis in Idaho

Guess I didn't really answer your question Jim. Ground balance similar to the DFX.....trigger back, coil at 45 degree angle and raise the coil up and down a few times till the VDI screen is clear. Hope that helps???

Welcome to the forum Jim. Using an MXT, the same good target will sound different under the front half of the Bigfoot verses the rear half. However, with just a little practice you will quickly recognize both as good signals. My way of pinpointing is to push the rear of the Bigfoot up parallel to the lower shaft with my foot and do a quick pinpoint with the front tip of the coil. I then do a fine pinpoint with my DX-1 and usually use a brass probe to recover the target. Do a search of the posts by Treasure Mike. From those posts you will get a feel for the potential jewelry finds with an MXT and Bigfoot combination.

Good luck and have fun, Bob

Hey all thanks for all the good input and info I can hardly wait to get the MXT I have heard a lot of good things about it.

Thanks again and HH Jim In Bama:clapping:

Hi again Jim,

There is a lot of good information about the MXT on this forum and other web sites. However, there is one site that every MXT owner should visit and read completely. Pay particular attention to