Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to this form

Mat Hastings

:beers:Hi all say I just started out detecting last year and went out and bought a Lone Star is that a good detector to start out with?

I like my Lone Star. The audio signals help this detector shine. I know, by the clear robust tones, when I have a good target (much easier/better than my 2200). Haven't tried it at the beach, yet, just waiting for better weather. The soil in my area is sandy/rocky (like river bed/flood plane). Guys that live in areas with "hot rocks" say they get a lot of false signals, I don't have that problem.

The Lone Star is a good general purpose detector, it will find almost anything, has good depth and pinpoints easily.

Welcome Mat:

The Lone Star is a perfect machine to start on...As bendorfold stated the audio tones are clean and clear on good targets...makes for digging less trash once you get used to the machine...I have always marveled at BHers ability to ring loud and proud even on the deeper targets, where other machines will give those whisper signals...You have a good machine, that will last you a good while...If you don't mind my asking, what part of the world do you hail from???

Happy Hunting,

BH-LandStar

Welcome Mat, you've come to the best place for info about our hobby.

HH

Man oh man I wish this snow would just go away. I'll give everyone one chance to guess where I'm from. You get one clue well I guess this will be the 2nd but anyhow we are home of the trolls? Thanks for the positive suggestions on my Lone Star guys it makes me feel better about it. When I first went out to buy a detector I couldn't figure out what to buy. So I did a little research and decided to buy the Lone Star.:clapping: