Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the MXT Forum

Herm

I'm getting interested in an MXT so here I am. I've used the XLT, DFX with good success, just thought that I would like to try out the MXT also for relics. One question that I do have is, are the MXT and the MXT 300 the same machine? And can the loop from the MXT 300 be added to the original MXT? Many thanks in advance, Herm

Hi Herm, I remember you from the DFX forum. The only difference between the two is the 12" loop instead of the 950 and the MXT 300 has a powder coat paint job. Yes, the 12" loop is the standard White's loop for the M6, MXT, DFX and V3.

Larry said it all. Rob

There might not be any depth improvement Herm, it depends on the ground you are hunting in, mineralization and trash. The larger conical loops are best used in medium to low mineralized ground and a fairly low trash area. Bigger is not always better, more often than not, a smaller loop is the right direction to go first when thinking about a move from the stock 950 loop. Under ideal conditions, the 12" loop will add a couple more inches in depth. My advise is to start with the 950, then a smaller 5.3 loop and then move on up to the larger 12" if conditions and needs will allow.

Hi Herm, Welcome to the MXT forum. You'll love the MXT. Larry said it all. We wish you luck and HH, Nancy