Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new to the board

shocker2u

Hi all this is my very first post to the board so just want to say hi to all and good hunting!can't wait to get a new water machine and hit the beach!It is on it's way and i can't wait .Going to jump in with "both feet with a infinium machine.I used a pi 1000 for a number of years in HI and Va.getting back into it after a number of years of life taking priority ie kids job etc.. but now i am free to be a detecting maniac again so lrts go!hope to post first find here soon!take care and good luck to all! Wayne Saint Pete ,florida

Hi, I welcome you and wish you luck....and I would love to know how the Infinium is to hunt with.....I just read a little about it and it seems interesting....

Hope to have her and be searching by this weekend
All that i have read sounds like it is not a beginner unit . I plan on being patient and learning the proper tuning techniques.M y girlfriendordered the 1280-x so we will be a team.We try to spend our weekends on the many rivers here in florida camping and kayaking.I plan on hitting the beach every night after i get off work. I was completly hooked on water hunting when i lived in Hawaii 20 plus years ago and did very well with the pi 1000 by white's.I chose the Garret over the whites for the newer technology.I might get to use the girlfriends fisher once in a while too! I will post progress from time to time and let you know how it all works! take care and good hunting!

Good Luck with the Infinium. It is a little tricky to master but once you get past the learning curve it is an excellent hunting tool. A mate of mine swings one and he has had good success with it. As with all detectors it is 20% machine and 80% human operator, all things being equal.

Cheers,

BDA:cool:

Hello and welcome to the board as I like to think of it as one big family of friends!!! Please make sure to check out the P2P forum as you've got some real pros with the Infinium there! Since you had alot of practice with PI machines in the past, you should do well with your new detector. I would recommend the 8" mono-coil as the depth is terrific and it's very stable in the water. Once again, welcome!!! HH

I hope your girlfriend is not planning to use the 1280X at the beach, It's going to false. Better fresh water unit.

Welcome Wayne, I live about 70 miles north of St. Pete. I hit Clearwater now and then, may run into you down that way some day. Good luck and HH.

Really nice bunch of pirates that hang out here.