Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to SE Pro and starting to get the feel of it.

mattw

Well, I have had the SE Pro for about 3 weeks and only worked in about 4 hours in the dirt and 8 hours at the beach. The beach was a vacation trip, will not get beach time for a long time again. But, hunted a new site last night and came up with several modern pennies and dug several odd high tone indicated hits, to try and figure out what it was telling me and then!... I got a really sweet sound and it locked on at 05 28 from several sides, dug a moderately worn 1923 merc. This was the first silver with this machine, so now know what it sounds like.

I really need a smaller coil, the stock pro coil is just to large for trash. I am running TH 5, V 10, L 10 and IM at 22. If I could just learn to ignore pops off of nails and the damn 00 01 and 00 02 hits.

Matt

What are the general thoughts on the excelerator 5" coil? I work several places with very heavy nails. My hunting buddy seems to get through them with the 10.5 inch stock coil, but I have to think that a much smaller coil would work better. So many Minelab users swear that they can pick up good stuff in a dead null... Really? Can't with my DFX.

Matt

Key word is you know what it sounds like.... wouldnt count on those TID numbers. For the most part 05 28 would be a memorial. Most of my dimes that i get a good read on are 03 29. One of the other posted indicated his TID for a merc was 03 28.... TIDs vary, but you can alway count on the repeatable tone. those lower right corner signals ... the 00 ones are normally RUST off say bottle caps. But they normally dont give me a high tone unless im in Ferr.... well i say that, but any deeper iron bounce jumping from the upper left corner to the lower might give it to you on wraparound.

Dew

First and foremost have to agree Sunray makes good pricey products..Second do you need another coil or do you need more time in the field as many new Explorer users are not comfortable with the unit for weeks, months and some even a season. I agree smaller coils have their place but learn the stock coil first and then move on..Its a 3 fold process to dig or not...number, movement of cursor and what I feel is the secret of using an Explorer is tonal recognition. Rome wasn't built in a day so take your time settling into the best silver producing unit on the planet and along the way do a lot of digging and in time all will fall into place and you will excell..

I have found that I really like running ferrous sounds. Will stick with it for a good while. I do sometimes run in AM, coming from a DFX the SE is so easy to listen to that I could hunt for hours in AM. My only complaint so far is that the 00 low number hits sound good. They do have a different tone than the tones in the upper right corner, will just take practice. The TID is an indicator, but does not seem very accurate unless the ground is really clean. I get several pennies at 00 27 and 04 28. Most are around 5 inches up to 3 inches. I did turn the gain down to 6 and like that much better, could not tell the shallow hits from the deep ones until I did that. Still really think that I need a smaller coil, 8" maybe down to 5",

Matt