Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to Minelab V nickel spill

ds6191

Well I have been around a while but rarely post in the minelab etrac section. I was only here to check out the machine and to check out everyone's finds. Well after 3 months of deciding which machine I was going to buy I decided on a different machine.I even went as far as calling and ordering the machine from Bart at Bigboys hobbies.Well I went hunting with my brother the day after the order, He swings a Safari and I was impressed again. (I've hunted with him many times). Well after 3 months of trying to make up my mind I still wasn't sure I made the right decision.After thinking about it all Sun. night I called Bart back and changed my order. Bart got my new Etrac to me the next day.:thumbup:
I have been out 3 times and have found coins every time,and surprisingly my pinpointing is not to bad.(first time with a dd coil Although I did stab one of the nickels:cry:) I have been going to the town park where my family has hunted many many times. Well tonight using Bill's coin/nickel pattern (Thanks Bill). I found a v nickel spill. For most of you guys it's not that big a deal but I was very excited. I had only found one other v nickel and that was a while ago. I wish they came out of the ground looking a little better but it's OK. 1911 and a 1903, and a modern nickel and a clad dime.
I'm starting to get the hang of the etrac, thanks to a lot of youtube videos and reading the Andy Sabisch book. No silver yet but It will come when I get more time with it. It is a lot different than my old beep and dig machine, But I'm pretty sure I'm going to like my etrac a lot.:) Sorry to be so long winded, Dan

Congragulations Dan on finding them V,s!:thumbup: I just got my E-trac in Dec and am totally satisfied
and enjoy finding the older deeper coins. HH

WOW

I have only found one V Nickel and it is in the same condition as yours
It was the only coin I found in a 8 hour field hunt
And I was Thrilled

Good for You

Welcome and HH

Great finds. I have only found 3 V nickles in my life. All on the same day and in the same little strip of grass between a road and a sidewalk. You want be disappointed with the Etrac. Idigid

]"For most of you guys it's not that big a deal" [/quote said:
for me it would be! i havent found a single V with the etrac yet....so congrats to ya...:clapping:

Congrats on the V nickels Dan - I got an 1893 last week in an old park - I really like digging them because once you start chasing high tone silver signals you have to focus hard to pick up the faint, deep lower tones:thumbup:

learn her and she will serve you well.

ds6191 said:
Well I have been around a while but rarely post in the minelab etrac section. I was only here to check out the machine and to check out everyone's finds. Well after 3 months of deciding which machine I was going to buy I decided on a different machine.I even went as far as calling and ordering the machine from Bart at Bigboys hobbies.Well I went hunting with my brother the day after the order, He swings a Safari and I was impressed again. (I've hunted with him many times). Well after 3 months of trying to make up my mind I still wasn't sure I made the right decision.After thinking about it all Sun. night I called Bart back and changed my order. Bart got my new Etrac to me the next day.:thumbup:
I have been out 3 times and have found coins every time,and surprisingly my pinpointing is not to bad.(first time with a dd coil Although I did stab one of the nickels:cry:) I have been going to the town park where my family has hunted many many times. Well tonight using Bill's coin/nickel pattern (Thanks Bill). I found a v nickel spill. For most of you guys it's not that big a deal but I was very excited. I had only found one other v nickel and that was a while ago. I wish they came out of the ground looking a little better but it's OK. 1911 and a 1903, and a modern nickel and a clad dime.
I'm starting to get the hang of the etrac, thanks to a lot of youtube videos and reading the Andy Sabisch book. No silver yet but It will come when I get more time with it. It is a lot different than my old beep and dig machine, But I'm pretty sure I'm going to like my etrac a lot.:) Sorry to be so long winded, Dan