Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to Metal Detecting

BAMofNH

Hi all, My wife and I just started metal detecting in July of this year. We were very lucky to have bumped into (CharlesofUpStateNY) or Charles of Everywhere. :detecting: We did alot of detecting together and I learned lots. My wife and I are cleaning the beaches as often as we can. :twodetecting: Charles told me I should start posting my finds so I have some catching up to do. So Charles, I'll try to put a few on a day till I get caught up.
PS: Can anyone tell me why some detectorist throw the tabs they dig up back down on the beach??? Is it so they have some more targets for the next day???:lol: So here are my findings for July. [attachment 72669 GoldEarRingHollow07-29-07.jpg][attachment 72670 GoldRingBand07-29-07.JPG][attachment 72671 SilverRingHeart07-15-07.jpg]

Does BAM stand for Bob and Marie? Just guessing......anyway.....I see you met Charles......He is a coin or ring magnet if I have ever met one....and he is very good with the Minelabs.....what machine are you sport-en? Just curious. From the rings I have seen on here tonight it must be a decent machine for the salt......

Hi Mattockman, I first thought it said MatLockman. BAM is my initials. Charles not only know metal detecting, he really enjoys it too. I'm not even sure how many times we've hunted together, but my wife and I Loved his company. I use a MineLab Explorer SE. The detector is amazing. We have found a lot in the 4 months we've been hunting. Just got in found a gold earring,a silver ring, and alittle over $3 in clad tonight. Starting to get cool out at the beach, the thermometer on my watch 42.3 degrees. That won't stop us though. Just keep having fun:detecting: I will start posting August finding tomorrow after we get back from our morning hunt at 5am.

After the first gold, there's no stopping!

Bam, every area has a stupid one, who leaves the trash. Just pick it up and then you will not have to deal with it later. Look at the bright side, at least they dug it up for you. All you have to do is bend over and put it in the pouch and of course kick some sand back in their open crater! Welcome aboard, ya looter! Lets see all yer loot!

Alot of people make the same mistake, including Charles.....I never watched that show much. Anyways, Are you mainly hunting Hampton Beach? It is a place that is mobbed in the summer....I never liked the deep soft sand there....only went there once, so I should try it more often. I mainly hunt York Maine along with an occasional trip to Ogunquit,Moody,Wells Beaches. Next door to ya in Salsbury Mass. there has been some awsome old finds there....I am sure Charles has clued you in on that though....Looking forward to your posts and pics....Dress warm and have fun. Good Luck!

Welcome to the Hobby and the Forum. 42.3 ouch, if it gets 60 here people are in jackets and will not go out much:biggrin:

I do pick up there trash and fill in their holes. I even picked up some glass this morning. If only all would...