Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to Detecting:wiggle:

detector-chic

Hello everyone! This is Detector-chic (Tracy) and I am new to Metal Detecting and this forum. First off, I would like to say "Thank You" to whomever started this christian forum! I have wanted to start detecting for a few years now. I would borrow my Dad's detector and use it here and there. Back in April a relative of mine gave me their detector..which they only used one time! (It's a Garret AT Gold) Although it's not a detector for beginners, I am learning how to use it and actually finding a few things. I am located on the Gulf Coast of Texas so I may not find relics but that's ok! I am finding clad and having TONS of fun! Hopefully I can learn how to post pics on here, but I know I will enjoy the fellowship of Brothers and Sisters in the Lord! Hope you all have a blessed weekend! Talk soon!

Where a bouts in TX? I know other detectorists down that way. Matter of fact I was just in San Antonio visiting family. We will help you as much as we can. God bless.

Welcome to the forum. You have a great detector and it will do you well. As far as pictures I take them with my phone and then send them to my email medium size then I upload to my computer and then post them on the forum.

Welcome home girl I am in Victoria,texas,28 miles from port Lavaca and 50 miles from port O'Conner.

Welcome Tracy! The AT Gold is a good machine and you will do well. Take the time to learn your detector & listen to the sounds it makes. Most importantly have a good time out digging :detecting:

CJM- amazing! I am in between Rockport and Aransas Pass! Closer to AP! Knowing that there christian detectorists in my neck of the woods just makes my day! Halleluijah!! (SP?)
SeniorSeeker- yes sir, I am learning this thing! I am watching videos, re-reading the manual, and practicing in my yard, etc. (Hubby made a test garden for me!) I have mainly found clad, cans, but I am having a blast!
7Centsworth-Thanks for the info!
Mike- I am about 25 minutes n.e. of Corpus Christi! There are three beaches here that I can detect (North beach, Rockport, and Port A). I am also hitting parks, etc.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!:wave:

Visiting family in San Antonio. We made a day trip to Port A and I detected there. We like Port A.

I went to Port A Monday with my Dad. Found 13 cents and a toy car! The dime and two pennies were laying on top of the sand! :) I think the Lord was helping me out! Lol! Have found lots of clad at parks, trying to post pics but looks like I need to crop them. They sure go up easy on Facebook!:rolleyes:

After you take a pic with your phone, email them to yourself and that should give you the option to send them smaller. Then post them already made smaller.

Welcome Tracy and hope you do very well with your detector and find lots of goodies! The Forum is blessed to have another Christian aboard! God is GOOD and always is! I am called Ma as I think I am the oldest or almost on the forum since I will be 82 in July! I had my Hay Day metal-detecting from 1981 to 2006 when I became too ill and unable to breathe well (COPD) and have Osteoarthritis so badly that it is difficult in walking and fall easily so no more MD Fun for me, but I love to hear other people tell about their trips and the photos of what they've found, so hope you give us lots to read about and to see! Learn your detector like others have said and be persistent in staying with and using it, for that makes the difference in whether you find coins and etc and stick with :detecting: Be patient and enjoy being out in the fresh air with God Who is with you as you talk to Him and pray while swingin' and a diggin'! God Bless! :angel: Ma

Glad you made it here. You may be able to get the owners manual for that detector online or possibly from the manufacturer if you don't have one. Also you can take some items out in your yard and play with the detector and get a better idea of how it acts. God Bless and welcome. Good luck swinging.

Thank you Ma Betty and Mike and Mike! :) I have been practicing with my metal detector and writing down what the id target numbers are. I did go to a local park today with my Dad (he is 85!) and found $1.18. Which I think is great! Have not found any jewelry or old coins yet, but that is fine with me. We hunted for just a few hours. I will go back later in the week when I can stay longer. It seems as though the area where I live may not be detected much. ( I have only seen one guy here with a MD and only saw him once.) and Ma, I pretty much think I am addicted to detecting now! :) I had a silly dream the other night that my MD had a motor on it and I was getting ready to change the oil! Geez! I had a good laugh! Hope you all have a blessed week! I will try to get pics up soon!:goodnight:

Hello, detector chic....good going on practicing and sometimes dreams mean something with God telling you that maybe your motor on the detector and changing the oil means you are almost ready to get out and get going for sure to find the coins, relics and other goodies! I used to dream all the time about finding silver and gold coins...mostly silver...in places that I didn't even know about! Sure was nice to dig up silver coins and etc. but didn't have them after I woke up, but made a way for me to go detecting at my age without getting tired or gasping for air when doing it! God Bless! Go for the Gold! :angel: Ma

To Detector-chic, this is a poem that I wrote during the year of 1989 when I was :detecting: I started in 1981 and had to quit in 2006! I really did enjoy this hobby...one of many! :angel: Ma

You picke a great group of Brothers and Sisters who enjoy our hobby. That is an awesome gift. AT Gold is a gem worth keeping. 2 things to learn besides how to dig and fill in holes, is learning the machine and learning where to hunt (and where not to hunt - some places are now off limits because of careless people not filling in holes or for other reasons). Many here have detected for many many years and there is no stupid question. God bless and happy detecting.

Ma- I love it! If the Lord gives you any more poems, please share!
7Cents, I have had two dreams about detecting. It's funny cause when I go fishing with my hubby, the same night as I am going to sleep, I see the popping cork going under water. Then on days I am detecting or practicing, the same night, as I drift off to sleep, I see coins in the holes!
Pete-I hear that the AT Pro finds more than the AT Gold, maybe some day I will get the Pro also. But I will keep this Gold! Thank you all for advice and suggestions, I will gladly take it all! I wish there was a Christian MD Club around here, but I am so glad and thankful that I found this one online! You all have a BLESSED night!

Thank you, and I have many written since truly saved in 1986 at the age of 51....over 3000 in fact and having to move twice, I don't know what to do with them all? Sometimes I think about keeping a few and letting the others go into the trash, for I just don't have any more strength to keep moving them with no place to put them for keeping! I have some on Discs but the ones I did back when I had another detector, doesn't work too well on the newer Computers...they keep changing and makes it hard to save anything! I will post more later, I am going to have pull the plug on my Computer and my Duplex, for it has been sold and I will need to set up the Internet again at my sister's or wherever I end up living and that will take time! I have Cable right now and my sister can't get cable, so will go with some other Internet Provider after moving and settling in! I have copies of many on this Computer, so will try and post more before or after I move! God Bless and Go for the Gold and may the gold have a great big diamond on top or all over the mounting! Amen! :angel: Ma