Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to detecting- have a Garrett freedom 3 cdc and i have some questions.

ls1more

Picked this metal detector up and its been great- also recently bought an At-pro that i am waiting on to get here.

I really like the freedom 3 as it has some depth- found a penny at 9 inches or so which impressed me- but after a battery change i think i messed with the internal settings.
i think i moved one of those knobs and now the detector is not getting as many hits- also what i saw was that the descrimination was not working before so it would hit on everything- was a pain but i think i want that back haha.

13820_10152774868016999_3589385637317271388_n.jpg

10690140_10152774868341999_7498456907617160203_n.jpg

Freedom 3 series I have swung since they came on the market ions ago. Try running it at notched 2 and 2 while the depth at maxi and turn back slightly. Love my Freedom 3 plus...and have 4 of them left that work!

Nice finds on the little cars and good luck and happy hunting with both your detectors. Welcome to our forum. Lots of experienced detectors around.

If you take the discrimination nob all the way to max it will tend to chatter...set nobs no further the the back end of the arrow head. Batteries in those machines after a while might rattle a bit....move around so use a piece of thin cardboard on top of the battery bar to keep the batteries in place..below the bar and on top of the batteries.. Also the female receptors get spread..be careful putting them ..bending them back in place.

Hope these help.