Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new to coin hunting

Hi everybody, been a gold prospector since 94.Life member with GPAA. I just bought a MXT and I'm trying my luck at coin hunting. I found it to be a very good detector, dint care for the 950 coil, might be that I'm just not used to it yet. Really like the 6x10 DD been finding allot of coins with it in the school yards around town. nothing old yet! We just moved to Oklahoma not much gold here but once a treasure hunter always a treasure hunter, no questions just wanted to say HI. God bless and happy hunting.

Welcome tinpanprospector!
Where in Oklahoma do you live?
I live in Northeast Oklahoma and have owned my MXT for awhile and love the ease and depth of this machine!
I use the 950 coil and the Eclipse 5.3. The little coil works great in school yards and areas close to fences or metal. The 950 is excellent in the soil here around Bartlesville and Tulsa.
I have already found a gold ring and a crucifix with the MXT. I also have a Fisher Coinstrike but it is a completely different machine.
The CS$ setup is so elaborate compared to the turn on and go of the MXT. Happy Hunting and swing low and slow!
Tony

I live in the Muskogee area, moved here from Carlsbad Ca. Are you a member of any detecting clubs, been thinking about joining one.I also have a whites GMT used it for years

tinpanprospector, Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new MXT. You'll love this forum and the people here are TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!
Nancy of IL