Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new to board hello

shocker2u

Hi all this is my very first post to the board so just want to say hi to all and good hunting!can't wait to get a new water machine and hit the beach!It is on it's way and i can't wait .Going to jump in with "both feet with a infinium machine.I used a pi 1000 for a number of years in HI and Va.getting back into it after a number of years of life taking priority ie kids job etc.. but now i am free to be a detecting maniac again so lrts go!hope to post first find here soon!take care and good luck to all! Wayne Saint Pete ,florida

Hi wayne!
Welcome aboard. I'd don't post too often as I never really find much (still learning!). Bu man can I get into the psts here. It's a great site.

Later,
Brian

well thanks keep with it it will come !Hope to have her and be searching by this weekend
All that i have read sounds like it is not a beginner unit . I plan on being patient and learning the proper tuning techniques.M y girlfriendordered the 1280-x so we will be a team.We try to spend our weekends on the many rivers here in florida camping and kayaking.I plan on hitting the beach every night after i get off work. I was completly hooked on water hunting when i lived in Hawaii 20 plus years ago and did very well with the pi 1000 by white's.I chose the Garret over the whites for the newer technology.I might get to use the girlfriends fisher once in a while too! I will post progress from time to time and let you know how it all works! take care and good hunting!

Hey bud welcome aboard and welcome back to the hobby. We'll look forward to your success and your finds. If you need any help you know where to land.

Bill

I like to kayak, but hardly get the time to do it these days.
Or, getting others to go too.. I don't like to kayak alone
on the rivers, as you could eat it and be in a serious fix
if no one is around.. :(
Actually, I'm lucky to do much tecting either.. I stay pretty busy
these days with all going on..
But... I'm hoping to sneak away to my OK ant farm in the next
week or two, so I might do some more dirt fishing up there.
I'm waiting for the trees to get in prime color.. :/
I watch on webcams, etc..
Unfortunately, most of what I find there is slugs.. Slug after slug..
Most from the same gun.. Whoever was there before me was one
shooting fool... Pretty hefty slugs too... these ain't the usual 22's..
But I'm hoping maybe I'll stumble into something else like a
relic or something.. They used to have outlaws that ran around
the area I'm in.. I'm about 8-10 miles from Youngers Bend,
which is the farm on the river that the Youngers used to have.

Edit... Actually, I think that land belonged to Tom Starr, but
the Youngers liked to go there to hide out.
Cole Younger went there so often, Tom Starr named that
bend in the river "Youngers Bend". end of edit..

Belle Starr also lived and was killed and buried in the area.
I saw the property that her grave is on go up for sale a while
back.. It was just a few miles from where I'm at.
Robbers Cave is about 20 or so miles to the SE.. But that's a
state park thing now, and detectors are probably off limits I imagine.
Watch out for snakes over there in Fla... :/
MK

Welcome to the board. Remember, we love pictures of your treasure.