Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Tesoro Silver UMax Quick Hunt

Indy

Just received my Tesoro Silver Umax tonight from the UPS man. I immediately put it together and put a new battery in . I took off to the local park and hunted for about an hour. I set the driscrimination to tab and semsitivity to 9 . The machine did a great job passing on the pull tabs and hitting the coins. In future hunts I will turn the discrimination down to foil on my next hunt when I have more time. This detector is the real deal. I loved the weight , pinpointing and it lived up to what people have been saying about it. This is the first detector I've used without a screen ID. The only negative is I dug alot of screw caps . I also forgot my headphones and this little machine is loud ! I just have to get use to the different sounds it makes . I would highly recommend this detector ! Clad totals : 2 Quarters , 4 Dimes & 5 Pennies - .95 cents !

Is that a scouting scarf bolo clasp? Finding those is neat! Great first hunt with the Silver!

TVR,

It's a Tiger Scouting Bolo clasp. I've also found another Brass Scouting Bolo clasp in the same park on another hunt . Can't wait to get the Silver Umax out again.

One of my favorite detectors is the Silver Sabre umax which is very similar to your silver. In fact it was one of the ones replaced when the Silver was introduced. I like it a lot and you can pick your targets pretty well between learning the sounds and thumbing the discrimination. I often run with the discrimination set to just cleanly accept nickels and when I get what sounds like a good target, will turn the discrimination up to where it still just accepts pennies and/or full discrimination where it still accepts dimes and quarters etc. Works quite well that way. As you know, nickles, small gold, foil tabs etc. all come in at about the same setting so I turn the discrimination back down thinking "well if I don't dig it, I'll never know whether it was a goody or junk. " It's mostly junk, but just about the time you think the heck with it, up pops a nickle or other small goody. I seem to to as well or maybe even a bit better than I do with my ID machines. I think you're going to like it a lot as you get familiar with it. The 7" concentric coil and the 5.75" are great in trashier areas too.
HH
BB