Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Technology Coming? (kinda long)

englishprof

If I understand correctly, Garrett's top-of-the-line detector, the 2500, is several years old. I was going to get either the 1500 or the 2500, but didn't want to buy something with older technology when Garrett may (yes, I know, may) be about to introduce something new. Obviously, Garrett isn't going to advertise new products or plans in advance, else no one would buy the detectors the new technology would replace; but Garrett has gone several years without something new at the upper price range. As time passes, it gets harder to justify a new high-end purchase. Garrett can't stand still in such a competitive detector environment. The capabilities of the 250 at the low end indicate the kind of possibilities that may appear in the upper end. Am I outsmarting myself (granted, not that hard)?

...yeah, but we all do it! We've all been guessing on the next Garrett for a while - I recall when the GTI series hit the streets and what a furor they caused.
Here's a compromise for you. Buy a used GTP 1350. Mostly a stripped down 2500/1500, it offers tons of useful features at a bargain price -until the next generation comes along.