Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New site (for me), old finds

Geologyhound

Went out to a new local I read about in an old book. I figured I would knock on some doors and see if I could get some new permissions. One of the local residents gave me permission to hunt an old school. Of course, I brought my detector along just in caseā€¦šŸ˜

I thought my first find of the day was a token. Turns out it is a V nickel - possibly 1905, but bent and pretty well toasted. I did not find much around the school itself. I have to wonder if it has been hunted before. However a bed of nails off to the side caught my attention. I started some close passes and turned up a couple wheats. That proved it was not hunted out. Sure enough, right next to some bigger iron, I caught a brief high tone. After a bit of searching, I isolated a nice repeatable tone and was rewarded with my first silver of the day - an 1897 Barber dime! With all the iron, the other wheats were reading low. So, I was very pleased when what I thought was another wheat/iron signal turned out to be an 1890 Indian. The small ring (broken šŸ™) is stamped sterling, so that made it a two silver day. The wheats are in poor condition, but I think one is a 1911. That would make four coins over 100 years old for the day! What is even better, the landowner has more property in the area and gave me his contact information for future reference. He also gave me the name of the landowner for the primary piece of property which was referenced in the book.

All in all a very good day for me. The big problem was I wondered why my wife had not called me. Turns out there is no cell reception there. By the time I got back into cell range, she was ready to report a missing personā€¦

Attachments

• 2CF8EBFB-1A38-4398-BD25-54539C702C6A.jpeg
    2CF8EBFB-1A38-4398-BD25-54539C702C6A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • 4DA5830E-5D65-4A75-BA2E-6E6D2FD2576A.jpeg
    4DA5830E-5D65-4A75-BA2E-6E6D2FD2576A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
  • F46F2526-A742-4245-9AC1-033AF7D291D7.jpeg
    F46F2526-A742-4245-9AC1-033AF7D291D7.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 21
Last edited: