Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Settings = New Targets

Vol Fan

Well, have had the Explorer XS for a while now, but use has been sporadic at best due to a billion different things (3 kids 8 and under, starting a new church, starting a new business, etc...) But recently have had a chance to go out to some parks here and there and of course it really renewed my interest. Well I decided to play around with some things I had read on here and set it up in iron mask, ferrous tones, manual sensitivity. Decided to see if anything showed up in my front yard.

Now, my yard has been beat near to death with the Explorer and my wife's XLT. Also, both detectors struggle with one section as the soil is very hot, and there are low hanging power lines over head. I really expected to only find junk, but thought, I will dig anything I can at least pinpoint. I get a signal, it bounces around a lot, but locks on. Pinpoint, cut the plug, at about 4 inches out pops not one, but two silver roosevelts. I was stunned. Looks like I will be hunting my front and back yards all over again.

Funny thing too, the yards are not very big, but have produced a large number of silver coins and wheaties. Turns out, the whole subdivision was made form land that was once one of the larger farms in the area. According to one old time there, out house sits about exactly where the old farm hand bunkhouse used to be. Got some new neighbors next door too, the previous owner would not let us detect as they were always going to buy their own and detect it. Well they never did, and now they have sold it. New couple is really nice and sociable. May have to ask for permission to jump the fence.

Went to the back yard tonight while the boys were playing and popped out 3 wheaties ranging from 31 to 55. Cool. And I got permission from my new neighbors to jump the fence and detect their yard any time I want. Hopefully it will be as productive as my yard was.