Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Seatbelt Design! :rofl:

Hmm, that could work...beats having to remove the duct tape every time..........................just kidding ladies.

Yes Ma, that is a truthful fact. I can even hear my wife talking from the trunk. Kidding aside, my wife actually is a good driver, so I don't mind letting her drive us,.. occasionally.

I always ask her if we're in a hurry and..... (((( !! SLOW DOWN !! ))))...

One time we were on a country road and she was going too fast for my comfort. I told her "slow down will ya, it's deer thirty". As soon as she took her foot off the gas, a deer jumped out, she screamed and had to swerve and brake...whew, a miss.

Guess what she said to me, "you somehow attract them with your ''''''always thinking they are going to run out in front of us"''''. Sometimes I wonder about that, because they ARE always running out in front of me.

I am blessed to have a Wife who is an excellent driver...thinking back of our 35 yrs.....She does drive too fast for conditions though, and has gotten more tickets than I, (how many exactly I do not know, she keeps the books) still, shes a VERY good driver...She hit one deer, (yes, Steve O, going too fast on the ice during deer thirty time,!) and me, one accident and two tickets...also in the early 80's, one little fender bender, on the ice at an intersection..so I guess we are sort of even, except I only broke a headlight, and she shoved that deer through the radiator! Good thing we had a '78 Waggoneer at that time...I went back to the location after she got home, the tracks in the snow told the whole story, deer crossing, point of impact, parts of the grille, etc...that deer flew 40 yards through the air and slid another 50 yards in the ditch, it was so far I had a hard time finding it! She never got her foot off the gas it happened so quickly....Now, when she wants to go to the store for anything unimportant at dusk, I say, "Its not Prudent, its deer time, that can wait until tomorrow"..so generally she sends me.:rofl: Yes, I took the poor deceased deer home and had a nice backstrap steak that night, it was pretty much gutted and tenderized as you can imagine, getting hit solid by a Wag going 50+...what didnt fly out of its mouth, flew out of its rear end in case you folks interested in biology, physics, and what happens in such an impact are wondering..sort of like a pinata, only smellier and no candy.
Mud

Deer are tough animals though they don't look the part....they don't have a chance against a Waggoneer going 45 mph. Read some local news stories about hit deer going through the windshields and ending up in the back seat.
My daughter hit one at 2 in the morning a few years back. She woke me up, crying, saying "dad, I hit a deer around the corner, can we go see if she's alright? I cleared my sleeping head and got dressed. Hopped in the truck and went down the road. Got out and looked around with a flashlight and saw a doe walking, I said "look hon, she's alright, she's not limping, she'll be fine, lets go.... I didn't want to look any further.
Well you know as well as I do that it may not have been the one she hit. She was so relieved. I certainly didn't bring up that it might not be the same one. Her car had almost 5k worth of damage.

Well, I consider myself a good driver as I am very careful and watchful while driving and do drive 70 and even a higher speed when passing other vehicles on the Interstate! The only ticket I ever got was when I was looking for a place that I had an appointment with for a job and going in circles I didn't stop at a stopsign, which was blocked by a Van and I didn't see it, although I had been by it before....policeman stopped me and gave me a ticket which was his last day as a traffic cop, so he was cruising around to find a sucker to pay a fine and chose me....but I must confess I didn't get a deserved ticket when running stopsigns in the past!

My ex got lots of tickets but he drove most of the time when we were together and were going some place besides work! I've driven in snow, ice, rain and fog with a 3/4 Ton pickup with a 10-1/2 ft. Camper on it to the store and to work and back at night, so I've had lots of experience in driving both manuals and automatics and also without power of any kind with my 1977 Mercury Monarch bought from my father's estate! My sister-in-law drives fast and her father always kept increasing the speed when telling about them coming from California! We had a big laugh, including Wanda because she knew her dad's exagerations on her driving.....she does get to places faster than most people though! :lol: :angel: Ma