Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New SE Pro

AZ Coinshooter

Howdy Everyone,

Been out of detecting for awhile and decided to start up again. Sold all of my detectors I had (they came from a Sweet Home) if you get my drift. I ordered a new SE Pro 4Th Generation. When I was considering a new detector these came down in price as Minelab is discontinuing them. It was in my price range. The hunting I use to do was fast and try to find as many coins as you can, now with this new detector I want to slow down and go for QUALITY coins. I'm looking for some info on the best way to get started with this Detector and do it the right way and not rush through it. Any advice I can get would be much appreciated.

Thanks Y'all
AZ Coinshooter
Greg

Hey there. I got my used Explorer SE about a month ago. I am following the advice of other Forum members and staying in Smartscreen. I've pushed the recommended sens from 22 to 29. Definitely go low and slow. I too am more interested in deeper quality coins. I have found that my awesome Pro-pointer doesn't cut it alone with this detector in trashy spots because it picks up all metal. I've had to add a Samson 31" T-handle shovel to my digging arsenal because of the incredible depth. The Pro-pointer finds all the iron around my target and can take time. I got a Sun-Ray X-1 probe since it uses the same disc and tones as the detector. Also, I am needing to use headphones with this detector. I hardly ever used them before. Since my SE was not the newest PRO edition I ditched the 10" stock DD and now I use the SEF 6X8 and SEF 10X12. I love this detector and it has proved itself by finding my first gold ring and an IH cent at 10" deep in my "hunted out" back yard. I got a cover for the screen and housing because I heard the screen scratches easily and I was making a muddy mess of it. I'm even thinking of getting an even larger coil than the SEF 10X12 to really push the depth of this detector. I'd also like to pick up a smaller coil than the SEF 6X8 for severe trash. Also consider getting that new RNB Innovations Lithium-Ion battery. Its incredible and will outlast you and your all day hunt easily. The RNB charger has a red and green light so you know when its ready. The stock rechargable I got with mine was pretty beat due to its age and didn't work for more than about 4 hours and took a long time to charge. I'm still green with this detector but this is what I have learned and done since I got it. Hope something here helps you. GL and HH. Matt

Thanks Matt for all of your suggestions. I think I will also be ordering a small coil for mine. Everyone sure seems to like the 6" DD EXcelerator. Bryce speaks very highly of it in his coil reviews.
I think I will also have to look for a better digging tool. The soil here in AZ. is very dry and hard.

Happy Hunting Y'all
AZ Coinshooter