Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Safari

mas0n83

Hey Guys,I just picked up a safari.This is my first minelab detector i think i'm going to like it. I haven't had a chance to get out yet the ground here in ohio is frozen
but I don't think it's going to take long to catch on
Thanks for looking

It is an easy detector to learn, it may not seem like it at first. Watch a few vids and it will all come together for you. Your gonna have fun!

I went on a hunt this eveing with my buddy and my first time out with the safari
i found 4 wheat's a token of some sort and best of all a 1899 IH. This is a great SIMPLE little machine :thumbup:

mas0n83 said:
I went on a hunt this eveing with my buddy and my first time out with the safari
i found 4 wheat's a token of some sort and best of all a 1899 IH. This is a great SIMPLE little machine :thumbup:
Its a great simple machine with some extraordinary depth capabilities. FBS detectors are silver hounds and are pretty good on larger gold. The secret is...go slow. I can't say that enough. The processors on the FBS detectors are slow so you have to swing slow to be able to let the processor reset if you are in trash. Out in the open you can go a bit faster. I love my Safari and you will love yours too! HH

Simple is so nice! From what you were using to what you have now you just seem alot nicer and calm lol I was always worried of flying objects before when we were detecting :)

Congrats, Its a great MDer I love my Safari. Its pretty easy to learn. I few things I learned over time is on the deep targets the TID will bounce around but if it does not have that low Iron sound DIG IT. Also I have noticed when I get that -10 iron reading but it doesn't sound like iron DIG IT, found several Indian Heads that were next to iron that did this to me. I would also recommend a NEL Sharpshooter coil or any NEL coil for that matter they work great. Good Luck & be patient & concentrate on learning the MDer & don't worry about the finds they will come.

The safari I swear is the best kept secret in detecting! Everyone always talks about the AT Pro best bang for buck. This unit is more money but it wins best bang for buck hands down. You will love this machine. Im not tech savvy but this machine made me feel like a pro with what I was finding. Where you at in ohio

Will1877 said:
The safari I swear is the best kept secret in detecting! Everyone always talks about the AT Pro best bang for buck. This unit is more money but it wins best bang for buck hands down. You will love this
machine. Im not tech savvy but this machine made me feel like a pro with what I was finding. Where you at in ohio

I'm about a hour north east of columbus