Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New racer2,need setting help

petew

I'm just wondering what you guys use for trashy areas,and not so trashy areas.I don't care for 2 tone I always hunt in 3 tone.But I've run iron audio at 00 .
I'm a coin hunter mostly in old areas,some real trashy,some not so trashy.
I have the pro pack,so both coils .

Thanks,pete

Well on mine ( R2) I run 3 tone, gain at 85, ID Filter at 2 and Iron audio at 1 or 2, tone break lowered a bit to 65 to throw old pennies into the high tone. I like to hear the iron, just not loud.

I hunted yet,but in my test garden the oor coil gets the 6and 8 inch mercs ,no visual Id but great audio,and 10 inch merc 5 outta 10 swings.

No disc,no notch,00 iron audio and I'm not sure about the rest,90 sens....just not sure what all these settings are for,w hat does Id filter do?

I guess it would be because the OP doesn't even want to hear the iron.-----I'm like Gregg though---I want to hear the iron & have some idea of what I'm going over.----Just don't want it coming in too loud.----That's one of the great features on the R2 (IMO)---adjustable iron volume.
Cal_Cobra said:
What's the logic of running iron audio at 00?[ /quote]I

Ghost town iron infested sites try these as a starter:
Mode: Three tone
Gain 85 - 95
ID Filter 3
Notch 95
Tone Breaks 11 & 65
Tones set Low 10 hz, mid 40 hz, high 70 hz
Iron Volume 1

For Coins and Jewelry in Parks (modern aluminum trash)
Mode: Three tone
Gain 50
ID Filter 27
Notch out 33 - 42, 46 - 63 & 95
Tone Breaks 29 & 75
Tones set Low 10 hz, mid 40 hz, high 70 hz
Iron Volume 0