Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A

Anonymous

forum up, it tells me I have 275 new messages! I know this cannot be true. Is it something I can fix? Just wondering! :help

The old forum does not keep track of the message you have read .. it clears the NEW flag by a timer after every so hours or when you click Mark all message read

Now the new forum actually keep track on what you have read or not read.

When you enter a post it will mark the message as read and take away the "NEW" flag for the message you just read on your username data and the thing is lots of those message do not have text or N/T so you never click on it to look inside the message body so the new FLAG stays there. Then you will need to clear it once you feel you have read all the N/T posts in the message index at the top where Kelly explained.

Like this message .. you saw it marked New then you went in the post to read it .. ocne you refresh back to Message Index after reading this message you will notice it no longer marked "NEW" because it record that you already have read this message for you.

Bill

NOw, one more question. Bare with me, and I will eventually learn all this. If I choose a different font, or a different color, why does it not work? All it does is put it in the body of the post (in program language). Would O have to go back and highligt the words to make it actually happen?

Dumb blonde moments at work! :lol :lol