Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New or Used that is the question!

jnstrom

I have found a Vaquero that is about $100 less used then new BUT after reading Tesoro's Warranty I found out that it only covers the original owner. Should I still be thinking about buying it used?????

I bought the same Machine used from Backwoods detectors a couple months ago, no problems. I thinks if its clean and obviously well cared for its worth it. I' ve also been told Tesoro will most times take care of a problem under warranty if there is no indication of abuse. I'm not one for extended warranties and such, so its not a big deal for me. Just get it from a reputable person or dealer if you can't see it and test it in person.

Thanks! I was hoping to hear something like that. Im getting more info tonight. Any preferences on headphones???

I too have had very good luck buying used detectors (knock on wood!). Some have been from dealers, some in on-line auctions. Head phones are very subjective. I have a pair of Koss QZ-99 head phones that I like a lot. They isolate outside noise well, are clear and crisp enough that I can hear the detector circuits saturate over large targets telling me to raise the coil to let the discriminator work. They are a little warm on hot days.

Ive spoken to James Gifford about this. His attitude is that if you havn't obviously abused or trashed your, Tesoro - then they'll repair it free.
Ive put them to the test 2 or 3 times, and no worries. I wouldn't worry about it.

I sent in a used Tejon. They repaired it for free and paid the return shipping. Can't beat Tesoro!

Awesome!!!! I ordered my Vaquero yesterday it looks to be in great shape! I can not wait, sounds like I made a wise decission!