Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Nox800 Plus New to detecting in the Florida Clearwater Area

ICanDigitMan

Any advice on Using (Settings) on this machine on the beach? Also New to Clearwater, Fl area, so any advice on where to go or not to go detecting in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, And Happy hunting.

[size=large] Welcome! I listened to more experienced detectorists and started in my own yard or a park if allowed. Just to learn the basics, how to pinpoint, etc. Then I planted a few coins to hear what they sound like. Settings were Park 1 or 2. But I hunt the beach so I would use Beach 1 and 2 AFTER I LEARNED WHAT THINGS SOUNDED LIKE. On the beach I use Beach 1. After a while you will naturally want to change a few things, good idea to write them down, esp if you find stuff you want. I dig everything, since can tops can sound like better things.

For instance, I like to find artifacts, many are iron, from ships old or new. So I boosted the volume for iron to hear it better. Then tried 50 tones but may drop back to 5. Some like three tones. If you take time to learn what works for you you can really dial this detector in.

Two things I found pretty quickly are don't take your cell phone or place it ina back pocket farthest away, it will pick up interference. And many beach front resorts have strong wifi for the guests that will interfere and make you think your NOX has lost its' mind.

Search this forum, lots of people more experienced than I am.

Have fun! (and patience :)[/size]

The default settings are very good so go slow messing with them. Kicking up the volume and shifting number of tones are pretty safe. But remember a Factory Preset reset is a quick and easy way to restore all your settings to like day one. So if you do mess up things, it's a magic wand to fix it by just holding the on/off switch for a few extra seconds on start up- until "FP" shows on the screen then you're back to new. Lots of good videos on line and on the forum, but reading the manual is a must some good books too.
Good luck, HH and have fun!