Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Nox thanks Jamie from Minelab!

Mark kus

Well I just got my new Equinox back from Minelab took 6 days great turnaround
And thanks Jamie at Minelab!
It’s on the charger now..

I think we need more info before we go Ooooh.

No repair they just replaced the controller

dewcon4414 said:
The controller.....you????
I was told it was just burned out silver overload? They sent a heavy duty model

Jeff.... have to agree. I dont know if its MLs change in CS policy the ease of repairs........ of Jamie. But shes doing one heck of a good job restoring CS for them.

I’ll 1000% agree that Jamie in particular has apparently single handedly changed the culture of ML repair and CS. Perhaps the resources were always there but nobody was in place to coordinate what was needed from the customer,perhaps she stood up in a meeting and asked why so many people were so decidedly unhappy with the past lack of service....someone knows. But having that direct connection to the company itself has been a real mind changer for many,and she should be DAMN proud for doing something that is by no measure an easy thing to do. For my OWN previous positive experience with her...Jamie,THANK YOU!

Mkus said:

Time to switch to Gold.

Rich -

Yes indeed Jamie is doing a stellar job with repairs I was so happy to have my machine back just scored some awesome early 1800’s homes never hunted so get ready to hopefully see some shiny!!

The new (ish) service center is doing great work. I have no clue what the repair was here, but whatever- it is working!

Mkus said:
dewcon4414 said:

***********************************​

The controller..????????????????.......Ambiguous...Waffle?????

"I was told it was just burned out silver overload."..........Sounds like the Minelab technician was bullshooting you !!!!!

"They sent a heavy duty model"..........?????

I hard to understand that you had such a conversation, but if you gave them the impression that you have limited comprehension re the NOX, then so-be-it.

p.s. What was the original problem ?

Was it key-pad malfunctioning.? matt

Matt,

Mark was just making a tongue-in-cheek joke about the 'silver overload' and 'heavy duty model' references.
We do things like that in 'the states'. :usaflag:

We think it's funny...and...well, by golly...it is! ;)

FWIW,
His original problem was simply that it just wouldn't turn on, so ML just replaced the unit for him.
You can read the details about it in his original post here: https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2484957

:)
mike

metalpopper said:
Mkus said:
dewcon4414 said:

***********************************​

The controller..????????????????.......Ambiguous...Waffle?????

"I was told it was just burned out silver overload."..........Sounds like the Minelab technician was bullshooting you !!!!!

"They sent a heavy duty model"..........?????

I hard to understand that you had such a conversation, but if you gave them the impression that you have limited comprehension re the NOX, then so-be-it.

p.s. What was the original problem ?

Was it key-pad malfunctioning.? matt
Hi Matt the detector just would not power on nothing I did to it I never dropped it minelab never told me what was wrong with it they just sent a new controller Im back up and running thanks to minelab.
I burned it up finding silver was just a joke because I find a lot of silver with it..