Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New NOX 800 & Beach Hunting

Mike K (Ohio)

Well to make a long story short I bought a NOX 800 and sold it after only 3 hunts. Well after seeing everyone's post on what they were finding I bought another one. Just got it today and my water proof headphones get here tomorrow and want to do some beach hunting this weekend. Have been using the CTX but have been reading some posts where some people were using Park2 for small gold and Field 2 for Rings. I wish I would have written there names down to ask further questions. So I'm asking the group.

For fresh water hunting what option BEACH,PARK,FIELD do you like using in the water? Thanks ahead of time for anyone taking the time to help another beach hunter out....

Mike..

In my very limited experience I kind of like prospecting 1 in 40 hz.. 1 tone,recovery speed 4, slight threshold, sensitivity 22 ish..the places I hunt have been hit very hard so only very small targets remain..

Mike K (Ohio) said:
So you have modified one of the setups to these settings? Like park or field or beach?
. Not really,I just chose prospecting mode 1 and maybe made a few minor adjustments from there.. I’ve had my fair share of learning frustrations with it and by no means have I mastered it lol.but I have learned once you find the settings that are starting to give you confidence only make very small changes such as recovery speed or sensitivity otherwise I get lost ... a few freshwater finds with the nox.[attachment 368261 A03441AF-9D6B-4E2D-AA3C-73BAECEF094C.jpeg][attachment 368262 52C21137-AEFA-4856-ADFA-1826D4874836.jpeg][attachment 368263 FEA823EE-526B-4A9E-B820-70C1109F8FE0.jpeg]

What is Prospecting Mode !? is that Beach or Park or? I'm sure we don't live in the same state so what adjustments did yo make and why did you make them? As I live in Ohio and I'm sure it will be different but when making an adjustment I would like to know why I'm doing it Lol :)

There are 2 prospecting Mode on the far right. He is using the first one with very little changes. Grab a few pieces of jewelry etc and see how the different mode respond for starters.JMO
HH Jeff

40 khz can be used with any modes but beach. What you use may change in fresh water if you find yourself digging a LOT of tiny targets...... which by the way tend to be more high conductors since metal dissolves very slowly in fresh water. Park or Field would allow you to use more than one tone. Hopefully you have down loaded the manual and read it at least twice lol. Take a careful look at the weighted algorithms of the modes. Id recommend if you plain on hunting a beach a lot to first try the other modes and ring hunt. Initially........ id just stay in multi freq as well. I like the micro gold challenge but ..... i try and find the BIG gold first.

dewcon4414 said:
Take a careful look at the weighted algorithms of the modes. Id recommend if you plain on hunting a beach a lot to first try the other modes and ring hunt. Initially........ id just stay in multi freq as well. i try and find the BIG gold first.

Thanks. I've taken allot of the gold items I have like 14k bracelets and rings etc etc you can't trust the numbers on the screen as they are all over the place. I've used minelabs for years I'll just have to stick with the tones..... I think I'm gonna do some more air testing tonight but I think I'll start with Park II as Park 1 notches out #1 which 2 of my 14k bracelets ring in between 1-3..... Park II doesn't notch that out.... Thanks for helping out me out!!!!

Mike

[size=large]I went out for a couple hours today to play around with my new 800 I got yesterday. I was in Field 2 and after noise canceling it just seemed very noisy in about 6"-24" of water I even turned the sensitivity down to 15. Don't know if its the beach or?? Once I got out in deeper water it seemed to settle in and for the most part all I heard was the threshold tone. I had 1 target about chest deep that was ringing in around 15 and I struggled for over an hour and had an 18" hole and still couldn't find what ever was sounding off. So I just left it that ever happen to anyone else?[/size]

Deep targets in deep water are tough. I had to leave one last weekend in shoulder deep water because my scoop handle was to short and I am not amphibious ...Grrrr. This 14 k white gold came out in chest deep water and it read 10 all the way with a beautiful tone. It was a 30 to 40 minute dig with 2 big breaks.
HH Jeff

Very Nice Ring!!!!! I had a leave a target after an hour of messing around with it. It was coming in at 15 I was thinking rusty bottle cap so I figured I would get another shot at it another day... Can I ask were you in fresh water? and if so what mode where you using thanks.. Mike

I’m sure you know you can mod this modes? Gold is odd the Nox......big gold can come in with a low digit and small just below a penny. Me I dig everything but a shallow bottle cap. Targets 18” deep....i first ensure I’ve centered the target......if I’m good....then I’ve got a $10....days it NOT gold. Do I dig um sure....most times it’s cans, sunglasses, or I can get a digit or tone I know. We also know depth ....in the water is a guess. In most cases using the standard coil you MAY get a couple more inches over the length of the coil....ie 11” coil 14” at best then ya know you are chasing a high conductor or a larger target.

Very impressive small ear ring finds w the Nox. I've hunted for 6 yrs w the Excal II and 2-3 yrs w the CTX 3030, and have put in lots of hrs on the beaches with 40-50 gold rings to my credit, but don't have but a few studded ear rings after 9 years! Again, congrats. And great way to use high frequencies in fresh water to make great small gold finds.

bootyhoundpa said:
Mike K (Ohio) said:
So you have modified one of the setups to these settings? Like park or field or beach?
. Not really,I just chose prospecting mode 1 and maybe made a few minor adjustments from there.. I’ve had my fair share of learning frustrations with it and by no means have I mastered it lol.but I have learned once you find the settings that are starting to give you confidence only make very small changes such as recovery speed or sensitivity otherwise I get lost ... a few freshwater finds with the nox.[attachment 368261 A03441AF-9D6B-4E2D-AA3C-73BAECEF094C.jpeg][attachment 368262 52C21137-AEFA-4856-ADFA-1826D4874836.jpeg][attachment 368263 FEA823EE-526B-4A9E-B820-70C1109F8FE0.jpeg]

Awesome So is Prospecting Mode 1 Field, Park? I just bought a new scoop for those stud ear rings as I always fight trying to get them out of the water with my current scoop.

Mike K (Ohio) said:
Very Nice Ring!!!!! I had a leave a target after an hour of messing around with it. It was coming in at 15 I was thinking rusty bottle cap so I figured I would get another shot at it another day... Can I ask were you in fresh water? and if so what mode where you using thanks.. Mike
That hunt was field 2 Mike, pretty much stock program recovery 4 iron 0 sens. 24 Some of the other modes will hit small stuff but my scoop isn't Equinox compatible LOL {to big of holes}
The other thing that varies is the fact that mineralization is a huge factor at some of my beaches, and I feel the f2 punches deeper in some conditions.
My beaches are off limit from 9 am on so time is a huge issue with a 3 hour window and I may not want to dig earings etc..
HH Jeff

laplander said:
Mike K (Ohio) said:
That hunt was field 2 Mike, pretty much stock program recovery 4 iron 0 sens. 24 Some of the other modes will hit small stuff but my scoop isn't Equinox compatible LOL {to big of holes}
The other thing that varies is the fact that mineralization is a huge factor at some of my beaches, and I feel the f2 punches deeper in some conditions.
My beaches are off limit from 9 am on so time is a huge issue with a 3 hour window and I may not want to dig earings etc..
HH Jeff

I get it Thanks Jeff!!!! Your input was good and I learned from it. and appreciate you took the time to help!!! Mike

Mike K (Ohio) said:
laplander said:
Mike K (Ohio) said:
HH Jeff

I get it Thanks Jeff!!!! Your input was good and I learned from it. and appreciate you took the time to help!!! Mike
Any time Mike! Check out my equinox compatible scoop finds from today
HH Jeff

laplander said:
Mike K (Ohio) said:
laplander said:
Mike K (Ohio) said:
HH Jeff

Any time Mike! Check out my equinox compatible scoop finds from today
HH Jeff

Was just looking at it lets see the scoop lol..... :)