Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Mojave, New Users

Permit

Well for my wife's birthday i bought her a Tesoro Mojave with the thought and hopes that not only would it be a hobby we could share as we grow more mature (OLDER) but that we could get a bit of exercise which both our doctors feel we need...............
After much deliberation and research I chose the Mojave. I should have started perhaps with the fact that neither of us has any experience with metal detecting, though through various television shows it had peaked our interest over the years, and as we live on the outer banks of north carolina we figured we were in perhaps a target rich local. So putting the Mojave was so simple even i got it right the first time so Sunday we decided to hit the community beach on the sound as well as the local schools. At the beach we managed to find a very old miller beer can at 10" which instantly impressed me, then followed up with a penny at 8". We had the sensitivity up past 5 and the discrimination about half way up in the white. My thought process was better to dig more for bottle caps and flip tabs and learn the machine than to pass on anything good until we began to our learning curve. OK so i did dig several bottle caps and pull tabs but i was very impressed on how the Mojave handled the sand, both wet and dry. A short trip to the local schools and we were now in a mix of sand, clay and some soil. Again the Mojave did much better than we did, but at this point i could tell my wife was not only enjoying herself, but that the hook was working its way into her lips. OK we will not be retiring after our first hunt, Blackbeard's Treasure is safe, as is the mystery of the Lost Colony, but man we had a blast. My deal with my wife was that i would be her digger until she felt really comfortable with the process and then I could buy my own machine. Later she called to tell me she was hard at work getting permission to hunt a large commercial development that was just starting...........yeah she got the bug..........

i tried to post pics but my picture seems to be too large.....we found 2 nickles, 4 pennies, a tigger button, a piece of silver (not sure what it is/was) and other assorted junk...................

sounds like you did find the treasure already :biggrin: the treasure of getting outside getting some exercise fresh air and someone to enjoy it with to me you found that treasure that not everyone gets to enjoy , keep at it and who knows what else you both will unearth :biggrin:

100% all the best from me & well done !!

AJ

thanks so much, most kind..........

The Mojave is an awsome detector to start the hobby with. It is one that can grow with you also and a keeper foe certain situations in the future. As a coin and jewelry detector it is better than anything imo on the market for the price range. Once you learn the tesoro language you will be able to turn the disc down lower to let more in and find even more treasure without digging as much trash. It also has the distinction in a carpet of nails as being one of the best to separate and pull good targets. I put the 5.75 concentric coil on mine fir the old homestead hunts I do in square nails and flat tin and it got even better. It is my go to scout detector to grab quick from my atv and check sites. Gratz on the new purchase and may you find lots of treasure.

Permit ..may you and your wife have many hours of enjoyment together..:detecting:

Awesome to hear!!!
Glad you guys found a way to get out there together and possibly make some coins to!!.
I think the Mojave is a great 1st detector, and can even be your only detector until you decide you need something else.
Happy hunting!!