Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

lien

Hi all rob Australia here have done a little detecting and had an old garret ADS 7 which is now not working as the discrimination mode is faulty. Have been reading this column for a few days and find it amazing especially Ian from Japan i find his finds quite amazing and many others also anyway after reading many entries i decided to buy a GTP 1350, its still in transit but while i wait {which I'm finding extremely difficult }i have these pictures and entries to look at thanks everyone for your contributions as i feel i have learnt so much already regards and happy new year Rob Wood

I have been using the GTP 1350 as my main detector this year. My last count two weeks ago was 8,272 coins, with the majority being found with the GTP 1350. It takes a bit of getting used to. Don't hesitate to ask any questions to shorten the learning curve.

Best of luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your finds in 2006! :)
<center>

Hi john thanks for your reply i really enjoy your writes will keep my eyes out for your valuable knowledge you really love what you do as you always show the trash and non valuable items which shows its not all about money,being an ocean fisherman in the past i think it is much the same as you never know what you are going to get some fish are no good to eat but still fun to catch or interesting to look at.
One thing about living in Australia is its a very young country [200 years or so] so not many very old coins. any way looking forward to reading all information i have a lot to learn ,so thanks for making me welcome mate Regards Rob

Grew up in New Zealand but never even made it to Australia, and it is dirt cheap to fly between the two countries now. One day I'll get there to search for nuggets though - yet to find one so I need to get that out of, or into my system. :)
Although, have been looking at info on Mongolia recently and have that in my mind too. Can't say I would enjoy the permafrost though!

Anyway, look forward to your future posts. Happy New Year!

HH
Ian

I'm afraid that your ADS 7 may be toast. I have one too and it failed in a similar fashion. Sent it to Garrett in Texas and they evaluated it. They sent it back and said that it needed a new board which is no longer available. They didn't charge me a penny - really nice folks at Garrett. So, I bought an Ace 250 and later the 9 X 12 coil. Makes a wonderful backup machine.

Happy New Year and welcome Rob .I read that there is lot's of GOLD nuggets to be found in your country.Good luck in your search for a good metal detector.The ace 250 is a good and not so expensive machine to start with..Ciao buddy Anthony......

You are among the best, the elite, the happiest bunch of detectorists anywhere. Ive contended for a long time that the vibrant colors of the Garrett machines have an effect on the psyche of the user - not to mention that the Garrett gear works well!

Guys like John, Willy, Ian and all the rest have all the dope you'll need, as you know by now. And dont worry about the age of your finds. Rather, get out there and use your new toy. Find stuff. Have a search plan and schedule your user time as you would appointments. Enjoy the weather and the friends youll meet and the thrill of discovery. Practice, practice, practice.

Sooner or later youll turn up a lead or two and find some oldies - it comes. Sometimes when you least expect it! But just get it going and have fun.

Welcome. I love my 1350 and use it as often as possible - unless its little brother, "Ace" is in the back seat! Youll do fine, with support like this forum.

David

Hi David thanks for your welcome note .I really do love detecting even going out recently with my old ADS7 on a trip to Phillip Island the place south of Victoria where they hold the motorcycle Grand Prix
with the discrimination not working it was hell but i only found a few current coins at the beach but on going to the park behind the beach mainly hard sand and dirt and play equipment with wood chips i did manage about $14.00 Aus so a bit of battery money is always good thank god for one & two dollar coins.Anyway it put the fire back in to me as i hadn't detected in a while as i had many other things going on and the detector not working properly turned me off a bit.Anyway as i said its much like fishing you don't have to catch anything to enjoy it that is just a bonus .so there is more to this game than just detecting these are the type of things that some people will never understand like golf some people say why would you want to chase a little white ball all day well i say it was a nice day for a walk thanks again keep replying to people like me it can only be of benefit to everyone and a great hobby. Regards Rob

Welcome aboard bud. We'll be looking forward to your visits and posts of your success. The 1350 will find you some goodies.

Bill

thanks Bill i am looking forward to more of your writes what a wonderful forum where a ordinary guy like me can draw on millions of hours of priceless experience thanks again Bill

Hello John,
This is John D. from VA. I was really proud of my 500+ coins since last June, but 8272 WOW!!!
How long have you been detecting? Sure wish I could have afforded this hobby sooner!