Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garry

I've had a MXT for three years and have upgrated to a V3I and I'm happy with both detectors but I'm still learning the V3I the Mxt is one of the eaisest detectors I have ever used so I always go back to it when I get flustered with the V3I .Anyhow here are some photos of some finds I have found with the MXT so enjoy.
detectors XLT, MXT, V3I, AND LOOPS10 INCH DOUBLE DD,FIVE POINT 3, 4BY6 DOUBLE DD
GARRETS PRO PINPOINTER

Hi and welcome aboard. Those are some beauties. They sure cleaned up nice. Can you estimate how old they are? HH, Nancy

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome...
Great buckles.
Your first Buckle is the tounge part of a brass Die stamped buckle that was most likely worn on a elastic cloth belt.
The wreath portion would have been smooth with a reeded edge. The possible date range is 1850-1856. Great buckle and pretty scarce.
Your second buckle looks like it is the brass cast type and also worn on the elastic belt.
It is of the 27 star design with the small stars. Possible date range of 1845-1860. It is a fairly common buckle that was widely distributed. Still a GREAT find.
And your third buckle is also a cast buckle. It had a very ornate rectangular outer wreath. most likely worn on a leather belt because of the heft. Date range of 1850-1855. Also a scarce buckle.
These date ranges are take form accounts of treasure hunters of where and what was found with the pieces that have been found here on the West coast and in the Gold Country.
The information given here was gleaned from information found in the book California Gold Rush Buckles writen by Max Bell and of personal accounts.
Those are some great buckles and any one of us relic hunters out here would love to find one.
Any chance you would tell what area you found them in (very general). I know Max would love to know.
Again great finds...
I'm impressed...

HH

Very nice set of buckles! I would love to find one like those. With finds like that I'm sure you have more to share with us. Don't hold out and happy huntin!