Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New member w/Sovereign Elite-headphones?

surf fisherman

Just bought a used Sovereign Elite with Sovereign's 550 meter,10" tornado coil, stock S arm.This is my first detector and it didn't come with any headphones and was looking into buying some. What would be a best brand and model to compliment this unit? Will be using it at the beach mostly with a hat on. Also should I think about getting a straight shaft for it, I'm about 6'1''. Thoughts about getting a Sunray S-1 pinpointer also. Is it a good idea to use Dielectric grease on the connections?
Thanks for any advice........ >;)))'> surf fisherman

As for headphone, I prefer the Timberwolfs, but many use the Koss 30's as Minelab includes those with a few models of their detectors. I do prefer to use a straight shaft and upgraded to the Sovereign GT for that reason. I also hip mount which allows for me to hunt longer with less fatigue. I personally don't like the extra weight of the Sunray pinpointer and instead use the Vibra-probe 560 hip mounted. Others think the Sunray probe is better than sliced bread, but I have not seen the need for one hunting on the beach. As for grease on the connections, I use silicone grease, the same stuff used to lube the seals of swimming pool equipment seals. I buy mine at the swimming pool supply store and use that on all of my detectors including my underwater machines.

Welcome to beach hunting. What beaches will you be hunting?

Chuck in Cape Coral