Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Member, Old Hunter, 8yrs on Explorer Xs

scorpio264

Greetings fellow addicts.

Just wanted to say hi. I have been hunting for about 8 yrs. Know and love my Explorer XS and Excalibur 1000

I used to be a heavy duty hunter. My first year was a biggie. 15,000 coins, 300 rings, 145 additional jewelry, 86 silver coins, 14 gold with 41 diamonds.

I hunted almost every day. Parks, Schools, lakes, homes, farms, vacant lots, ocean surf and beach. I grew to know and love my Explorer. I soon realized my true calling was water hunting. I hit the local lake and several others all summer. Christmas in Maui. Lakes in Texas and California on vacations. I was self employed with a mediocre income and lots of free time. I worked it to the max. Using my Explorer for all land hunting and the Excalibur in the water.

My best decision during the infancy of my detecting career was to join the Twin Territories Treasure Hunters club in the Oklahoma City area.

I learned a great deal from my fellow hunters. They were an incredible resource. All new hunters should make friends in the community. It really helps.

My wife and I moved from Norman, Ok. to Colorado about 5 years ago. I have been a bit remiss in my hunting since the move but a recent job change has freed up some time in the evenings and weekends.

I have been reading the board for a few days now. It has made the fire return to my right arm. I plan to go out on Saturday and start clearing the local soccer field. It is within walking distance of the house so it makes a good candidate for a regular spot. I plan to clear the field of any and all targets over the next few months. Then do routine checks to find the latest goodies and clear the trash while doing the rest of the park.

My job involves a ton of local driving. I will be keeping a journal of locations to return to this summer, or before. My new partner at work is receptive to the hobby. I have been trying to work on him every time we see a good hunting spot.

I will certainly be back to post with any finds this weekend. If there is anyone in the area of Broomfield, Colorado who would like to get together for a hunting trip let me know. I would also like to help someone learn the ropes in the field. As was done for me.