Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New member here.... With another question...

n4ue

Hi again. I have shifted my collecting interest from ham radio and test equipment to metal detectors.
Although I have several new models, but for some unknown reason, I love to collect and restore the older models. I just picked up an older First Texas model called the MX-8. In fact, I'd rather restore and fix them, than use them! Sick, I know........ ha ha
It is an entry level for sure, but appears to be unused. I paid about the same for shipping as I did for the unit. It even came with instructions.
Can't find much on the www, but it works excellent.
Anybody ever seen/.used one? I believed sold through the Home Shopping Network.

thanks for the time

ron

....Ron......I am not familar with the MX-8 but if I was you I would contact First Texas....if you phone them ask to talk to the Tech who does the repairs!! Search the web for vintage detectors you may find other people who are similar to you.....Joe

When Teknetics went under in the late 1980's, First Texas (Techna, Inc. before changing their name) purchased Teknetics and the Bounty Hunter name. Prior to the Teknetics/Bounty Hunter purchase First Texas manufactured a line of low end detectors named Techna. I had a couple of Techna's, including a Smart Tracker XR 8 that was once their top end model and looked very much like your MX 8. Techna used the crossed pick/shovel logo on their detectors before First Texas bought Bounty Hunter.

The coil on Teckna was identical to the coil on the MX 8 that was recently on eBay..

techna.jpg