Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New member from Oregon

Bunchgrasser

Hi gang,

I recently joined this great forum and thought an introduction might be appropriate. I also posted this on another forum last week - so some of you may recognize it (sorry for the redundancy). I'm not exactly new to metal detecting though. I started with a Fisher CZ-70 a few years ago, but recently decided to get more serious about this hobby of mine with a White's MXT - which I love.

Until this year I hadn't logged a lot of swing time hours. Mostly occasional coin hunting with my CZ-70 in parks and schools which the CZ-70 handles very well. Now that I've spent a few hours with my MXT - I have to say that I've truly bonded with my detector and have a new appreciation for the technology. There is a lot to learn about my MXT, but I've moved well beyond the novice level and look forward to the success ahead.

I've got a few silvers (merc, rosie, etc.), a few cheap rings & necklaces, lots of clad and piles of metallic treasures both identifiable and not. I get more excited about this hobby everyday and fear it will soon become an obsession. I found my first Sac dollar a couple weekends ago at a soccer complex, along with a cheap ring and lots of clad and pop tops. The rains have hit here in Oregon so I doubt I will have any new finds for awhile. But how I do count the days...

(Update) The weather forecast for this weekend looks promising so I plan to hit my old high school which was built in 1909. It is in a rural area so I doubt there has been much, if any detecting there.

I want to say thanks to all contributors to this forum. I have learned so much over the past few weeks lurking. This information is invaluable and I look forward to becoming a contributor as well.

HH

Welcome !!!!

Welcome! Be sure to report what you find at your old high school.

I enjoy finding those $1 coins in my scoop. Mostly from the beach but an occasional one in the park too. I was following behind a detectorist at the beach back in the summer. He talked to me and complained about his detector picking up only mineral sand. Following in his footsteps I picked up 2 $1 coins in the scoop at one spot and many clad quarters all along his route. He was already gone otherwise I'd have tried to help him. All together have 9 of the president's and Sac dollars.

HH Joe

n/t

Welcome to the forum.

HI I'm a new member to all so a whites fan to. Ihave a DFX. i like it but its very hard to learn.still i find alot of good stuff with it.I live in LOUISIANA.there is alot of good hunting here. how about you, well hope to chat soon with you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!