Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW KID ON THE BLOCK

shakerdave

JUST FOUND YOU GUYS, IM DAVE IN aLASKA, ENJOY READING YOUR POSTS, WE MOSTLY GO FOR NUGGETS HERE, HAVE FOUND SOME COINS mostly newer ones.I USE A Fisher GOLD BUG 2 with a 6in coil mostly AND FIGHT THE HOT ROCKS ALL DAY, ITS ALL GOOD THO. ANYONE COMING TO alaska and want to brave the brown bears to have a day on the creek?:rolleyes:

We are glad to have you here and always welcome to join us. What part of Alaska do you live in ? Welcome again !!! God Bless

Ok, Forget the were you live part, I seen it in a post below :D :D Anchor Point Alaska :D

It's always nice to have new people here. I am pretty new here too, just started posting here this spring.
One day I plan to go to Alaska, don't know when, but one day. I'll look you up when I do.
God bless and keep the bears at bay!
HH
MM

Welcome aboard! Always been a dream to get up to Alaska, if not for nuggets a tourist trip anyway. Where are you located? God Bless and HH'n

Dave

Welcome to the Christian Detecting Forum. I would rather brave the heat and bugs than brown bears. Post some pics of some of your beautiful country.

instead of in the lower 48 sweatin' under the hot sun. Steve in soAZ has had over 100 degrees and here in Michigan we've had in the 90's.

I watch the TV shows about prospecting up there in Alaska. Somehow it looks like my back wouldn't handle much of the bending over for panning they do. (Can't afford one of those fancy sluice boxes). Guess I'll leave the gold nuggets and flower gold to you guys up there.

Don't be a stranger and certainly we can say "We have one large block' - and getting bigger with our addition of Alaska to the 'neighborhood' :lol:

Dave,Dave I live in Anchor Point Alaska about 200 miles So. of Anchorage on the Keni Peninsula the bugs arent too bad here lots of sea air, the bugs are bad in the interior around Fairbanks 500 mi north. I dont have a digital camera but my friend does, Ill try to borrow it and post some pics. Weare leaving tommrow for three days in the bush to prospect and fish should be fun its in the 60s and sunny untill midnight.

Yes do look me up. The bears are huge here 1000 lbs but if you use caushon and give them room they will leave you alone for the most part I do know people that have been mauled and two people this week were draged out of a tent and killed.we sleep in a camper and all ways have a large firearm on hand our motto dont leave the camp without it.

to talk to a guy in Sitka via ham radio but that was some years ago. I lost an uncle in a crab fishing accident out from Anchorage. I still cant bring myself to watch the Discovery channel when they show crab fishing. Those guys really work for a living. Have fun, be safe, dig lotsa nuggies! God Bless!

Dave

Yes, I heard about that unfortunate event.
With all the more people into extreme sports and adventures, I feel that these types of reports will become more prevalent.
Be careful out there. I have a minelab Xt18000 that is itching to go too.
HH
MM

Dave,

Do you ever shake the coat off the Grizzlies up there? That must be nice to see the Alaskan Salmon go upsteam. That must be a site. Especially when the Grizzlies catch them.

Russ

That Gold Bug 2 is a hot machine. I hope I can use mine this year. Been a while since I have had the chance. Welcome and good luck detecting.

If you mean shake the coat off by skining them I hunted them once and my friend got so scared he wouldent go up the creek with the tracks as big as our heads it was like he grew roots into the ground and would not move he had a 375 but it was no go! We went back to the canoe and camp! I have been dip netting for samon and had them hit my legs in my waders thats fun dioping for red sockeye samon. well be going diping in a week or two.

come on up where is your boat landing? I live 20 mi from Homer Al. some of thje boats go there there is a site of an 1800s Russan fort iM TRING TO TRACK DOWN. tHE GOOD NUGGET SHOOTING IS A bit of a drive.

come on up only have one friend I decedt with and hed rather run a sluce for small gold than swing hes garrett it seams to go off on every thing including the air at least my fISHER BEEPS ON A TARGET MOST OF THE TIME! lIKE TO TRY A MINELAB SOMETIME.

i DO KEEP MY EYES OPEN FOR METEORITES WE HAVE A BLACK ROCK HERE IN PLACES THAT WILL SET IT OFF LOUD AND CLEAR NOT AS BAD WITH THE 6IN HEAD AS THE 10IN SOME PLACES THERE SO BAD YOU CANT USE A GOLD BUG 2 AT ALL.