Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW HERE

[size=large]Greetings all! My name is Anthony and I live in Miami, FL. I'm a Firefighter/Paramedic and a recently returned National Guardsman (yeah, I know....I must be nuts dealing with more sand back here!).

I've purchased enough products from KellyCo, so I figured I should make myself a member of their forums and ask a few questions (see other posts). So far I've purchased a DFX, Beach Hunter AND a Surf PI. I'm already thinking of selling my Beach Hunter as I don't particularly like it as much as the other two.

So here's the deal......I've read countless books on guys that show photos and share stories of finding what seems to be a mountain of treasure. I don't know how often they go out, what machines they use, or over what period of times all those finds have been accumulated...but it gets a little frustrating when these guys flaunt just how much they've found, when I haven't found squat (other than clads) on the Miami's Beaches.. Any suggestions/advice for an already-frustrated new hunter would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Tony[/size]

Are you hunting in the water? Also your area like all the rest is hunted pretty hard. But I have seen some nice finds come from there recently. Good Luck

I like the Excal from minelab. Get in the water, thats were its at. I hunt low tides primarily and try to be persistant.

How many red blood cells dose it take too make a White one???? Velcowe im from Transalvana Not LOL!!!!!!!!
From Central Ca Welcome too the Forum Mic58

Welcome aboard Anthony and it would be exhausting to train you in a simple post. There are some experienced water hunters, who have been gracious enough to share their knowledge and give you some help to get a good start. These publications I would recommend to any serious water hunter werth his salt.

1. "Water Hunting": Secrets of the Pros Finding Gold and Silver in the Water with a Metal Detector, by Clive James Clynick-AKA cjc
2. "Site-Reading" for Gold and Silver Understanding Beach, Shore and Inland Metal Detecting Sites, by Clive James Clynick-AKA cjc
3. Advanced Water Working Techniques, by Andy Sabisch

Read and REREAD these, until you live and breathe them. You will also need a dose of tenacious perseverence, got any? That's what it takes to win the game!

Since you apparently DO like the Sov, then the Excal certainly is the best choice imo. Keep the PI PRO though, for the quiet times, you may need it! In the event you DO choose the Excal, then Clive and Andy have written books on them, as well, be SURE to check those out too. Best of luck out there mate. Diablo, isn't that a bit evil?

Greeetings Anthony, Most of us here can show you piles of finds, myself included. HOWEVER, they are accumulated. I have found at the most 8 gold rings in one day. That was in a lake that NOBODY has dove in with a detector EVER. I have found virgin spots here in Michigan because and only because I scubadive with my toy. Waders have hit every lake and stream I think around here and probably in Florida also.

In Florida you can find cuts in the sand where the waves have taken the sand down to the hard bottom and that is where you will find the most. I have heard of these cuts but I have never been to the coast to see them so I have no idea what they look like.

Good luck on your quest and don't give up.

gold.jpg

Practice, practice, practice......Low and slow. Bury some coin and jewelery and see what you get for sounds and at what level. Keep in mind that a coin or ring on it's side cannot always be detected. Your pi will find all kinds of things, and a lot of it you may not want. It is good mainly for the water where there is less trash. DFX is good up in the dry sand. Keep your coil low to the ground and even scrubbing the ground with it as you swing, walk slowly and grid out an area that you want to hunt. Hit Miami beach at low tide. I am up in New England where the pickins are really slim but we find stuff all the time..........you are in prime territory........get out there, the gold awaits you. And if you want to hunt with the big guns, get an Excal........it's a gold seeker..........but takes a lot of practice.

Tony.. what is wrong with your BeachHunter? I used own one but I preferred my PI over it.. If you are going to detect freshwater then a Detector Pro Wader or Diver would be a great choice without spending a ton of extra money.. I have owned and sold the Excalibur it wasn't for me.. you need a slow sweep speed plus its heavy even with the straight shaft on it.. My PI is deeper and I don't want to miss those deep whisper signals.. If I were you I would hunt the dry and wet salt sand with the DFX and use the Wader/Diver for freshwater and the PI in the water..

Tony, first off thanks for your service to our great country. The secret to finding allot of loot is know the machine, know the area, and put in the hours. It has taken me a year and I still have days that me and my Excal. don't agree on what is the best setting for the area I am hunting. It changes with each area. Fresh water , salt water . east coast. west coast. So what ever you decide on machines, treat it like a lover the more quality time you spend together the more you learn about what makes it preform. HH

Like a lover, eh?

I'd just like to add, experience coupled with research will get you the goods. And...it's not about flaunting the loot. Everybody here gets a charge out of seeing other pirates' chests! And in the lean times, it just keeps me going.

Welcome to the forum, Tony!

AJ

[size=large]Hey guys...thanks for making me feel welcome and for the advie. I'm sure I'm gonna have a whole bunch more questions for you guys should I not find the answers by searching old posts. Now ot address some questions:

Gulf Hunter: My username (TenedorDelDiablo) is from a treasure map reference in the old adventure movie:Romancing the Stone. It was a cactus shaped like a pitchfork and hence used as a map marker.
Graig-PI: Absolutely nothing is wrong with my Beach Hunter, and have even had a change of heart after reading some posts about it.
Papa-Joe:Thanks for the kind words and your advice.[/size]

Most people only get in a day a week hunting and need to be somewhat lucky. The guy's pulling the big numbers are hunting many hours a week when I used to hunt once or twice a week 4 or 5 hours the finds were OK but nothing like the past year. This year both water & land hunting I've put 200 hours in for 600.00 in clad, 110g of silver, and 7 gold rings one worth 2200.00 its important to remember when looking at all the awesome finds some are retired and hit the beach or land 15-30 hours a week its all relative the coil has to be on the ground not in the closet. Dan

[size=large]Well...I actually don't (or shouldn't) have ANY excuses to head out and hunt. As a Firefighter, I only work seven days a month (24hr shifts), so maybe I SHOULD head out way more often and BE one of those guys I envy?[/size]