Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Hand-Held Pin Pointer

Wilhelm

I have been away from Metal Detecting for about 3 years. Was wondering, if in my absence, has anyone come up with a
new hand held pin pointer that is able to locate deeper than 1/2 to 1 inch?

garrett propointer :thumbup:
only 1 for me

Thanks for the replies. What I am unable to find is how deep will the hand held pointers detect. I hate to dig up the
countryside to find something that is 2" inches down and a pin pointer can not locate it.

Check out some reviews on the aforementioned pinpointers as well as the DetectorPro Pistol Probe.
Any one of these units will fill your needs.
Having used all of them at one time or another I can say my favorite is the Whites IMHO

You did say handheld- but check out the SunRay inline probes for comparison.
I've used 4 models on different machines and enjoyed each one.
Look around and you'll get a handle on the pros and cons of each. Try your local dealer and put them in your hands before buying.
Good luck

Thanks for the reminder. My old age has really caught up with me. I have a Vibra Probe 460. It is easy to grab the VP and
get down to business. You reminded me that I also have a SunRay In-Line Probe that has been in the closet for quite some time.
Don't think I have really given it a fair test. Might have to get it out and be fair to it.

The one disadvantage to the In-Line probe is I like to chest mount the CZ-70 box. w 10" coil.. Can't think of a way to hook up the
SunRay probe with the box off the rod.

I would Stay AWAY from the FISHER/TECHNETICS/Bounty Hunter, because their ALL One in the SAME!! Maybe a 1/2" Depth on those!! The old WHITES Bullseye-2 is a SOLID
Inch, maybe an an INCH and a 1/4 on FRESH BATTERIES!! If YOU want to GO CHEAP, but get approx. 2", but it DOESNOT have good LONGEVITY, get a CENTECH Hand-Held
Pinpointer from HARBOR FREIGHT for around $17.00!! My PERSONAL Choice is the GARRETT, BUILT like a TANK, and you should be able to get a USED One on the Detector
ACCESSORIES Classified Forum for UNDER a $100!! BEST of LUCK, Les Robinson.

Wilhelm said:
Thanks for the reminder. My old age has really caught up with me. I have a Vibra Probe 460. It is easy to grab the VP and
get down to business. You reminded me that I also have a SunRay In-Line Probe that has been in the closet for quite some time.
Don't think I have really given it a fair test. Might have to get it out and be fair to it.

The one disadvantage to the In-Line probe is I like to chest mount the CZ-70 box. w 10" coil.. Can't think of a way to hook up the

UPDATE I did a little test and found that the FZ-1 SunRay Probe using a CZ-70 with a sens. of 4 only has a "Air Pickup of about 1 inch,
no better than my VP460. When I pushed the Sensitivity to 8 or 10 the SRP picked up like 3-4 inches.. My FZ-1 is a SN#1** an early
model. The only problem is the CZ-70 does not like to operate above a sens. 4. Is there a way to operate the 70 above a 4 and not have
to move the Sens. up and down?

Had several CZ70's over the years and some of them just won't let you raise the sens. over 4 while others you can easily raise it to 6 and even 8 in a few places...nature of the beast and when and where it was made I would guess....

Wilhelm said:

Another disadvantage is the extra weight. It is however, a great pinpointer to use with the iron-loving CZ. Got my nail digging down to nearly 0. I prefer to increase the sensitivity when switching over to the FZ probe also. It is a little quicker to do on the knobbed CZs than the push button 70 & 7a

mrwilburino said:
Wilhelm said:

Another disadvantage is the extra weight. It is however, a great pinpointer to use with the iron-loving CZ. Got my nail digging down to nearly 0. I prefer to increase the sensitivity when switching over to the FZ probe also. It is a little quicker to do on the knobbed CZs than the push button 70 & 7a

You just gave me a thought. Think I will hook up the SunRay probe to my CZ-5 and use the 8 inch coil to lighten the arm strain.
Thanks.

Guess I'm a little late to get in on the discussion as here it is Sept. I have three Tinytec pin pointers, have had them for around fifteen years, and now they are giving up on me. Any one know where I can get one?

Old geezer