Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new guy

INRelicHound

been lurkin around here for awhile,decided to Join. My name is Kris, im from southern IN and have been metal detecting off and on for 15 yrs, serious for only a year tho,so pretty much a rookie. I spend most of my time hunting old home sites and other researched spots but i also enjoy the occasional swing through a park looking for jewelery and clad. i currently own 2 tesoros and absolutely love them,my first baby is a tejon and just recently bought a cibola which i have had some great luck with. first target i dug with the new cibola was a capped bust half dime. im in the market for an ID machine and will probably go with the cortes. anywho thats a enough about me. the site looks great and hope to make some new friends here.

Hi Kris,

That's an awesome combo, Tejon and Cibola. You've got it covered. You can swap coils, that can save you money.

I run the uMax coil machines, Euro Sabre, Eldorado and Silver Sabre uMax. I also have a Compadre, but I don't use it. I'm honing my skills on the other three machines.

Welcome to the forum, it's a great place for us detectorist.

HH,

I too am new here. I live in Southern Colorado. I have two Tesoros, a Silver uMax and a Tiger shark. I hunt mostly around old houses and ghost towns. I really like the Tesoro Audio. I had a Minelab Sovereign and sold it. I am going to stick with Tesoro for future detectors also. I'd like to try them all. Lol. Since you live in indiana you probably have a better chance of finding really old coins than I do. My oldest so far has been a 1898 Barber quarter found while digging an old privy pit of all things. Good luck in all your hunting. Winter will be over before we know it.

[quote tabdog]Hi Kris,

That's an awesome combo, Tejon and Cibola. You've got it covered. You can swap coils, that can save you money.

I run the uMax coil machines, Euro Sabre, Eldorado and Silver Sabre uMax. I also have a Compadre, but I don't use it. I'm honing my skills on the other three machines.

Welcome to the forum, it's a great place for us detectorist.

HH,[/quote]

how do you like that Euro sabre? ive heard some good things about it. the only Umax machine ive swung was a golden Umax and i really liked it,i almost bought one of them over the cibola but decided on the cibola since i can use the coils i have already bought for the tejon. thanks for the welcome.

[quote Heilan Laddy]I too am new here. I live in Southern Colorado. I have two Tesoros, a Silver uMax and a Tiger shark. I hunt mostly around old houses and ghost towns. I really like the Tesoro Audio. I had a Minelab Sovereign and sold it. I am going to stick with Tesoro for future detectors also. I'd like to try them all. Lol. Since you live in indiana you probably have a better chance of finding really old coins than I do. My oldest so far has been a 1898 Barber quarter found while digging an old privy pit of all things. Good luck in all your hunting. Winter will be over before we know it.[/quote]

I love them barber coins! ive only found one barber quarter and im quit proud of it. one of my best days of hunting this past year i found 2 barber halves and 4 barber dimes in my neighbors yard of all places. i find a few old coins around here oldest being a 1798 half penny from the isle of man and as far as US coinage my oldest is a 1818 large cent. old coins are hard to come by no matter where you live and sometimes im glad they are,because if they where easy to find it would take some of the thrill out of it when ya dig one up. thanks for the welcome.

I think you made a wise choice, getting the Cibola. The Golden is probably a great machine, but the pair you have is just too awesome.:super:

I love the Euro Sabre. If you read my Pool Side post I made a little while ago you can hear me brag about it.

I can hunt with my Silver Sabre uMax and find good stuff. If I go back over it with my Euro Sabre there's three times as many targets.

Oddly enough, I'm not sure which one out hunts the other.:shrug: The Silver has a kind of natural rejection. It ignores a lot of trash and hunts good. I don't use discrimination except to ID targets.

The Euro can pick out those hard to detect things that most detectors miss even though it's not extremely deep. It has a good all metal hunting mode.

The Eldorado is like a Euro without the " Iron ID ' feature. The Iron ID helps mostly in trashy areas.

Hope to see more of your posts,

[quote INRelicHound]been lurkin around here for awhile,decided to Join. My name is Kris, im from southern IN and have been metal detecting off and on for 15 yrs, serious for only a year tho,so pretty much a rookie. I spend most of my time hunting old home sites and other researched spots but i also enjoy the occasional swing through a park looking for jewelery and clad. i currently own 2 tesoros and absolutely love them,my first baby is a tejon and just recently bought a cibola which i have had some great luck with. first target i dug with the new cibola was a capped bust half dime. im in the market for an ID machine and will probably go with the cortes. anywho thats a enough about me. the site looks great and hope to make some new friends here.[/quote]

nice to hear from you i also have the tejon, vaquero, LST, Cortes. i am a die hard tesoro user, and dont have plans on changing. i also live in southern IN. and hope its not as hot as it was last summer.:hot:

[quote kdc][quote INRelicHound]been lurkin around here for awhile,decided to Join. My name is Kris, im from southern IN and have been metal detecting off and on for 15 yrs, serious for only a year tho,so pretty much a rookie. I spend most of my time hunting old home sites and other researched spots but i also enjoy the occasional swing through a park looking for jewelery and clad. i currently own 2 tesoros and absolutely love them,my first baby is a tejon and just recently bought a cibola which i have had some great luck with. first target i dug with the new cibola was a capped bust half dime. im in the market for an ID machine and will probably go with the cortes. anywho thats a enough about me. the site looks great and hope to make some new friends here.[/quote]

nice to hear from you i also have the tejon, vaquero, LST, Cortes. i am a die hard tesoro user, and dont have plans on changing. i also live in southern IN. and hope its not as hot as it was last summer.:hot:[/quote]

where abouts in S IN are ya? im on the vanderburg/posey county line rite on the Ohio river. it was a killer summer for sure,heat wasnt so bad it was the humidity i guess and the mild winter we had the year before didnt do much for the insects, many times id come home during the summer to find myself covered in deer ticks. pretty mild winter this year as well. just got our first snow.

your a little more south than i, i live in between columbus and seymour, and yes the humidity was a killer. i'm with you hoping for a cold snap to keep the pest down. nice talking