Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New guy with an Ace

ace250hunter

Hey guys I have been reading some of yalls past post I have foun many forums on metal detecting but none as good as this one. After saying that I feel compelled to say that I have recently purchase an Ace 250 and love it I have had it 2 weeks but only able to hunt with it one of those weeks i found a little over 4.00 dollars in coins mostly pennies so it is actually a fairly large number of coins. I have mostly hunted in the suburbs of Mobile Alabama in the Saraland area. If any one has any advice on this machine or on any note worthy sites in the area all haelp would appreciated...

First thing that comes to mind is don't quit your day job, just yet!:bouncy:

Isn't it amazing, how much is just a bit out of view, that you can discover with a MD?
Each one of those targets could very well have been a valuable ring...

Persistence is the key factor in success at treasure finding.

Take a little more time and consider what you found, and where, in the areas you hunted.
Try going over them, again, from a different direction, with a bit slower sweep and overlap.
Use the grid method.
Try outlying areas you may not have checked before.
Give it a shot after a change in the weather... wetter, or dryer.

HH

What mode do you hunt in? You might just be missing the jewelry running in the coin mode? Do you have the pinpointing down? Oh yes - welcome to the best site on the World Wide Web!

Welcome to the forum and MDing.
IMO - the best and first is patience and spend time learning the machine.
Start in your own yard and also think of a test garden.
Swing - Beep - Dig
If the areas you hunt are trashy, consider the 4.5 sniper coil.

I normally hunt in coin mode but recently I have began to try jewlery mode but with no luck not giving up though. I do use pinpoint with some success if the target is 2" im good to go but deeper causes many probs for me with pinpoint. Thanks for all the help guys

You have to dig a lot of foil and tabs to get the jewelry. You have to go where jewelry is lost. Like swimming beaches, sand and bark tot lots. Sand volleyball courts. It's easy digging too. What method do you use to pinpoint?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=liyIUKonpGs

This is a video I made. If you have any questions just ask the forum.

Don't forget to get youraelf a 4.5 sniper coil when you can. Great for areas with trash and
getting into smaller places.
Robert R

Thanks this video is very informative. I will have to try this strategy next time Im out I have lost a few targets this may help to keep me from losing them and digging such large holes I always make plug cuts though not to disturb the areas and make people mad. Thanks every little bit helps

Is the sniper coil as invaluable as everyone says it is? I hunt parks a good bit as you can tell from my first post but I have received permsion to hunt an civil war era homesite on the first hunt I turned up nothing but iron my friend was able to find one button that we have dated post civil war by about 3 years. would the sniper coil help to get around the iron or is the best method just to dig dig dig. that has been the method thus far with little luck...