Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New guy here

ccfl

I recently bought a White's Surfmaster PI Pro and am enjoying it's depth at the beach. I'm looking for a "land machine" to use when I'm away from the water as well. The places I plan to detect are absolutely full of nails and beer caps/pull tabs. It just isn't the place for the PI unit. I am willing to dig it all at the beach, but not at parks and such. I've been leaning towards the M6, but am not concerned about brand loyalty as much as being able to actually tell what is in the ground. I would really appreciate any advice that you have....thanks.

Personally, I evaluated the Whites XLT, MXT and M6. For me I am going with the M6 but was considering the MXT very closely. From what I read the MXT can be a bit noisy but that is only my judgement, others chose and love the MXT.

You may want to look at all 3 I mentioned plus the DFX. All are of great quality and very good depth.

I just bout a M-6 and i love it but the 9.5" stocl coil is no good in trashy eareas i have ordered the 5.3 coil ive heard it really works good in trash eareas

Hi ccfl,
For general hunting the XLT is my favorite because it has so many operating options and covers large areas quickly with the 950 or 800 coils.The XLT requires a moderate to quick sweep speed to achieve max depth and if you hunt a low to moderate trashy site progressively with the 950 , 800 and 5.3 coils there isn't much missed once you know the machine. The XLT lacks good target separation and suffers from target masking at trashy sites but does ok.

The M6 is my favorite Whites for hunting parks and schools after the XLT passed through a few times. Target separation is excellent and tone ID is great for picking thru the mush,especially with a small coil.

Since you already have a nice beach detector the XLT or M6 would be excellent inland choices.HH Bill