Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new guy from Ontario Canada

gwn

seasons greeting everyone...new detector here, bought an Ace 250 about three months ago and of course I'm hopelessly addicted now. My wife used to be a hockey widow now she's a detecting widow. I have been reading the forum for a month or so and will be posting as often as I can. It seems every time I get out I learn something new about the yellow fellow and its starting to pay off...no pics to post yet but am working on it...got out yesterday for an hour and a half..pennies, nics, dimes and quarters popping everywhere and a nice folky silver ring...its my new hot spot....anyway look forward to all your posts and thanks for all the tips I have picked up here.BTW...take for yesterday was 1.64...45 coins total...nice to meet you all Gary

Hi. I'm a newbie too and of course addicted! I've had some good luck and tons of practice. Enjoy my ace 250. I've gotten out each day to practice, long time till spring when I'll be out in full force! Get a set of headphones so the neighbourhood dogs don't start howling :thumbup: and dig up those "pulltab" signals, could be gold!

Good forum here, lots of advice, but I'm outnumbered in this sport...it seems it's mostly guys?!

welcome jac...practice , practice , practice....I go to trashy spots on purpose...dig lots of junk..but the odd ring too...sure is fun

You got it...practice, practice. It's going to be a long winter for me after being out a month now. Hubby's praying for snow,(just bought a new snowmobile) and I'm praying for GREEN. Hoping it stays green for another week or 2! Found lots of coins and my 1st. bracelet the other day. No rings yet.

thanks Khouse, pretty good weather up here for December...hope to have many more 50ish coin days...just like leslie

I'm another newbie as far as the ACE 250, still working out the quirks, pinpointing, sounds, etc as this is quite a different machine than my old Garrett Marksman. Best day so far was at a local high school, I guess everyone thinks it's played out and they skip it but I found 36 coins in about 40 minutes. Darkness chased me off but I'll be going back to clear off the top stuff, then I'll hit it for the deep stuff on weekends.
I think one of the best aspects of the ACE 250 is that it's so cheap it can be "paid for" with relatively few great finds. While making the machine pay for itself isn't my highest priority, it's still nice to know that pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters will add up to $200 faster than they make $700. I'm not counting the Sniper coil, the headphones, coil covers, 6x9 coil or other accessories since they're more "necessites" than options in my opinion.
My biggest gripe with the machine is the pinpointing, I think I prefer a detector with a smaller pinpointing area and one that gives a higher tone rather than nulling out directly over a target. But I'll get used to it, just like I did my other machine, and getting outdoors, exercising and finding MONEY while I'm doing it have all paid for the machine the first time I used it.

Steve

You have a great machine, and lots of people on this forum use the same one. Drop in for a coffee any time and show us what you got. And, if you have any questions, just fire away. We were all new at one time too! Where abouts are your from? I grew up in Kitchener, then moved up here to Edmonton about 25 years ago.

Hi John....thanks for the welcome....I live In Owen Sound, not that far from Kitchener really....spent a couple of years in Edmonton back in the early eighties....did you MD when you were living here? Ever get out to Sauble Beach? I plan to spend a lot of time there this year....heck, with the weather the way it is may get out there this year yet...took a silver ring there my first visit..marked 925...will likely have a couple pics soon....great chatting with you all and love all the posts...have a great day ...and an even better season in the new year

Welcome to this great family of coin shooter / pop top diggers / amateur archaeologists. Sounds like your doing great so far. I bought mine in May of this year and I

thanks for the welcome awhitster, California sure sounds good to us Canucks this time of year. Were counting our blessings that we can detect in December and maybe January, although I see John does snow hills and I may just give that a try as well. My wife got me a camera for christmas which I am checking out right now. I will have some pics to post very soon. I also will have year end totals to post but I would guess its going to be in the 7 to 8 hundred area. Anyway, its great to be on board and hope everyone has a great year in2007 detecting and otherwise.