Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Garrett AT Pro, defect or not?

DirtShoveller

Hello,

I got a new Garrett AT Pro yesterday, but I'm concerned there may be a defect on it? Is it just my imagination or did they not use enough sealer near where you connect the coils cable? On the back side it looks ok, but not so much on the front. Here is a video I took.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trrMTZxNTiE&context=C41fd4f5ADvjVQa1PpcFObNjRbdSOf70a-2jrke8hF4htF5Dh7GPs=[/video]

I don't have mine with me now but looks to me the seal is on the inside and your seeing a residual amount on the outside.

It looks like someone has had a pair of pliers around the coil fitting plug,.

If you bought it new then I would complain to the seller, and demand

a new A T Pro, and not one thats been messed with.

Les.

I would call the dealer and see what he wanted to do about it. Looks like the final inspector at Garrett was out to lunch when that one went through.

You might call Garrett at 1-800-527-4011 and ask for Brad,, and ask him..
I looked at one of my coils, and here is what I think,
the threads are tapered threads and think there is a compression fitting under the nut,
and when the nut is tightened, it compresses like a sleeve around the coil cable..
Like a supply line on some toilets....
I don't think you have anything to worry about,, but call to be sure.
I don't any see any on my coil cable...
Just my thoughts.
Bj

I agree with BJ. The coil connector on my detector has the same thing at the threads but not quite so much. I am sure it is to make it water tight.

Jerry

Thanks guy for the insight everyone. I'm still not sure if I should return it for another one or not? I ordered it from Amazon and not a dealer, which was probably a mistake. They had it listed as coming with the hat, book, coil cover, and backpack, none of which came with mine. I called them about it and they said the only thing they can do is refund my money. Are all AT Pro's supposed to come with that stuff?

Another concern I have is on the unit itself is a sticker that says "Warranty extended to November 2013". That's not even 2 years from now. Does anyone else have a sticker like that?

I would return it and get my money back. Something doesn't sound right. Sounds like its a used unit and had an upgrade. Then I would email or call one of the sponsors her on the forum and deal with them. When I got mine it didn't look like that and it came with all the things you didn't get. Don't know if they still come with everything that way, but if it said in the add you got them with it, it should of come with it. I have bought a lot of stuff from amazon and never had a problem with them (knock on wood) but have never bought a metal detector through them. I have learned from the past it is best to deal with a dealer when it comes to metal detectors. Good Luck.

Dude...NEVER buy a detector from Amazon.com...I do not trust a quarter of the sellers on Amazon...
I would return it, and bite the bullet on the shipping costs, then order from Bart at BigBoys Hobbies...
You will know your unit is brand new then...

HH,

I returned the AT Pro to Amazon, and as soon as the refund clears I'll be putting in an order to Bart.

Thanks everyone.

GET your money back and call Mo At metaldetector.com . There great to deal with there Just nice folks . He has them in stock , I just bought mine today ...This is my second purchase from them . there Outstanding !!!!!!!