Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new finds

K.J.

although the area was considered dry by most local hunters , my T2 proved his reputation with this 9

actually it wasn't so clean when i found it. I posted it after I cleaned it with vaselin oil and mini-drill

whats mini-drill, some form off rubbing paste ????????,any case fine job you have done good find .

mini drill is a small drill for modelers, best brand is Dremel, but any off-market brand is ok. You can clean it with a brass brush or also felt with a drop of vaselin oil.
I will post more finds if you like.

don't use it with coins. You can use it with bullets, badges,buttons,etc, but coins are far too delicate. I normally keep them in a vaselin oil bath for 7 days or more, and then gently clean them with a cloth.

If the T2 sees it you will find it, it makes no difference what size. Where I found the Block I (Confederate) I had looked the area over with my Explorer XS and the T2, this is a 24mm button and I missed it more than once. The second time with the T2 was the charm. Really nice button, KJ.

[attachment 46430 blockI.JPG]

It is amazing how i can still find small coins and buttons in places heavily searched with different machines: Terra 50, Mito, Explorer SE, all types of Fisher (1266 and 1270 the most popular here), but for some reason, with the T2 i still manage to score some point :)
I like your confederate button too! Here most of the finds are from WW1 or pre WW1 (austro-hungarian) and WW2 (german,italian,british and american stuff).
here's a selection of german buttons dug in a couple of hunts

don't worry, at least here in my country, its really underestimated ! Everybody is crazy for Minelab Mds or wait for the F75. I am very happy with my T2 instead ;-)