Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New F70 newbie

bhouck2011

Just got my F70 and was wondering about what program 1 on the screen means. Maybe i missed it in the manual. Thnx. B

You have the ability to program 2 different user settings, AKA "program 1" and "program 2". Page 12 of your manual in the middle of the page talks about setting up your different programs.

Love this feature!
Program 1 I set up disc settings, program 2 is set up with all metal and maxed out settings.
On hunts I use one then switch over quickly to check some targets with the other.

I could never figure all that out..:shrug:.:sadwalk: so many features!, so much dirt!, so little time!, such a big planet!, such a small coil in comparison!..keep it coming boys, maybe we will all learn something this year!.
Mud

mudpuppy said:
I could never figure all that out..:shrug:.:sadwalk: so many features!, so much dirt!, so little time!, such a big planet!, such a small coil in comparison!..keep it coming boys, maybe we will all learn something this year!.
Mud

So says the guy that just bothered to ground balance for the first time in 4 years! :rofl:

Hah! Aint that something? been hunting without Gb'ing for 4yrs? A real testimony for this F70 rig brother! If I can run it, just about anybody can! :rofl: Well, you have inspired me to take a little time and sort of set up right for the site and conditions, it actually DOES make a difference! :thumbup:
Mud

REVIER said:
Love this feature!
Program 1 I set up disc settings, program 2 is set up with all metal and maxed out settings.
On hunts I use one then switch over quickly to check some targets with the other.
For me, besides the batteries lasting 40 hours, the best feature on the F70.

I occasionally hit areas where more discrimination is needed. Rather than readjust, I set the 2nd program for say basketball courts or picnic areas where there are lots of tabs and can slaw. Or i will have program 1 running dp tones and program 2 in 4h if the tones get to chatty.

Brian I use the programs 1 and 2. 1 is for trash sites. Pretty much notch out all but coins. Very tight coin program and Sens@ below 60. 2 is for fields with not much trash Disc @21 and Sens@70.Don't much care for AT mode. After a hour, it is just too much noise. Some people hunt in AT and switch to program 2 which is in Disc mode to check the reading to see if they should dig or not. There is a lot to the F70. It is not a super deep detector. The F70 has found a lot of silver coins and gold/silver jewelry for me. It is also a tough machine that will go out time and time again hundreds of hunts without problems. I have never been in an area where it didn't work. Hope this helps? Happy Trails.....Z

Thanks zeekeys. I will check that out. I have not had a chance to get to the woods yet for some relics. I know it sure loves the coins so far. I guess im spoiled where I live. 1 mile to some civil war stuff and 7 miles to the beach. Id like to see how it does on the beach. Ive been using my Tesoro Eldorado on the beach. In the woods ive been using a naultilus dmcIIb. HH Brian