Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New ExII Member

Travis

Well, I got my very first metal detector this post October, and read thriugh MANY of your posts here. I was choosing between the DFX, Quatro & the ExII, and I am happy with my choice. I have followed your advise to other poters and stayed with the factory default to get used to the rig. I was nervous at first because peeps saying it had a steep learning curve. But, I must say, I really havent had any problems so far. In fact, I just found my first Mercury Dime out in front of my house a week ago! This seems to be a really good group of peeps here, and I just wanted to register and introduce myself to the group. My name is Travis (hard to figure that one out ,huh!) and I am 33 years old, and live in SW Virginia. If anyone wants to drop me thier quick tip, please do so. I still have a LOT to learn. And, a special HI to CODY, you are a VERY ggod source of information, and was a strong influence on me going with the ExII. Thanks everyone.

Slow seems to work better.
Set gain and sensitivity higher.
Listen for high weak tones that come thru but do not register as a number. This may be deep silver.
Wet soil is much better.

Find a good spot. If it ain't there no matter how long you look you will not find it.

Cause: I't ain't there.

Joe.

OK, my first direct question to the great knowledge base on this forum. What exactly are the "fast" and "deep" filters ADVANTAGES, and what is ther DISSADVANTAGES in use, when used individually, and with each other. I have read the gauntlet on peoples personal setups. Some peeps say to always use them both (Mike Moutray), some say use niether (Cody), and some say use one or the other. Please help me get some insight to this little intriaging choise, and what is the best way to find out personally which combination will work best for me. Thanks in advance for your input guys.

Travis Johnson