Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Equinox user....

fwcrawford

I've been checking out the Equinox forum for a while trying to decide whether to get one or not and after reading how everyone is amazed with the machine, I decided to get one.
I have also been corresponding with "Earthlypotluck" for several years, and he has been telling me about how he is amazed by this detector
I got it last Thursday, put it together Friday and after reading the manual a couple of times, I took it out to a site that my buddy and I have pounded over the last few years.
I figured this would be a good test site for it and really did not expect to find anything.
The grass is high in some places and a lot of the area has overgrown now not leaving much area to detect, but I decided to give it a try.
I turned the detector on, ran mostly the default settings and began detecting a small side yard.
After about 15 minutes, I got a repeatable signal with a VID of 19-20.
I pinpointed the location and dug down about 6" and recovered a small coin that turned out to be a 1909 wheat penny.
I was shocked not only to find this coin so soon, but with a new detector that I am not completely familiar with yet, running mostly on factory settings, and in a site that
we have been pounding with many different detectors over the years.
There was also about a 3" nail in the hole with it, yet the signal was very good and repeatable from both positions I tried.
Now I realize this is not a great find by any means, but to make this find in these circumstances to me is awesome.
Needless to say I am impressed already with this detector, and now realize what all the positive comments on its performance are about.
Thanks for looking!

When you have fast recovery speed at depth it is impressive. You can tweak lots of thing on this machine but default settings are well matched to the algorithms in each mode. Best of luck with your new Equinox!!
HH Jeff

Nice job! VERY nice; digging a tough target (coin next to nail) from a hammered site, on your first outing, I'd say you did well, and that will go a long way toward helping you build confidence with the machine (a confidence that is NOT misplaced; it really is a terrific unit).

Congrats!

Steve

You are off to a great start....the nox isn’t anything like the sov gt .. I dug a crazy amount of iron my 1 st time out with the nox... eventually I found my oldest US silver dime at that pounded site (1800 dime).. it rang in at 36...I’m looking forward to getting back out in the fields this fall as I need more experience...

I know what you mean by impressed, I once got a good wheat cent signal & I pulled 4 large nails out of the hole
before finally finding the wheat cent the Nox said was there. That impressed the hell out of me.

I'll take a 1909 Wheat cent anytime. Amazing what this detector can do in iron even with the stock 11" coil. Just think Felix, this is just the beginning. :)

Best of luck and I can't wait to see more of the great finds you are going to make.