Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New EQ600, wired headphones, no sound

galwayboy

I just bought my 600 and received it 2 days ago. I charged it up and read the manual a couple of times. After I got to the park yesterday, I took it out of the trunk, turned it on, swung it a couple of times, then plugged in the wired headphones and the headphones icon appeared. At first nothing happened, no sound. I unplugged and plugged it back in and I was in business. Hunted for about 5 minutes, walked over a sidewalk. It beeped once then went silent. I haven't been able to get any sounds from the headphones since. I dont have any other headphones to try. What do y'all think?

Ive detected for almost 30 years, but this is my first Minelab. Good thing I still have my Nokta Simplex. I'm off to another park this morning, I hope y'all can help me when I return;

Thanks in advance

Edit: I just plugged the headphones into my phone and laptop. On both, only one speaker was working, the one without the wire coming in. Curiouser and curiouser

Sounds like you have a loose connection within the headphones..
The icon will display when you insert the headphone jack into the detector and this will disable the external speaker on the Equinox.

will i have to pay to return the headphones to minelabs service center? I hate having to pay $15 more dollars for a $30 pair of headphones., thats 1/4 of the price for the Trond Bluetooth headphones

My old boss used to say "bad start, bad finish", hope this isn't a sign of more quality issues to come...

Those stock wired headphones are so easy to break. I have had two pair the did exactly what you are describing. Both had a break in the wire at the L shaped plug. They are in general a piece of junk. I would not send them back, your next pair will likely do the same. There is nothing special about the wired plug-in port. You just need to make sure that the plug itself on your wired earbuds/headphones is long enough to get past the waterproofing on the port. Any decent wired headphones with a straight 1/8" plug should work fine. They have on mine.

Thanks for the advice. I probably wont return them, but it really sux to have bad headphones included in the price of the detector, I wish they had made it $30 cheaper.. Minelab quality control issues and poor customer service, have been whats kept me from purchasing Minelabs in the past. The best customer service/communication bar none, is from Nokta/Makro. They once shipped me a pinpointer from Turkey (before they had a US service center) in 2 days. Wish they made a simultaneous multi-freq machine,.

I cant hear the built-in speaker very well and don't have any other headphones, so I guess the EQ600 will sit in the corner until I can afford some wireless headphones.

With the volume on 25 you should be able to hear the speaker just fine outside inside it should be blearing.

With the volume on 25 you should be able to hear the speaker just fine outside inside it should be blearing

Unfortunately I have some hearing issues. With winds and ambient city noises, I just cant hear the tones very well. Plus hunting in trashy parks, permissions or beaches where the speaker is going nuts, can be very annoying to those who are trying to enjoy their day and can bring unwanted attention,to a sport that's increasingly under the microscope. I like to keep a low profile. The Japanese have a good expression that says, "the nail that sticks out, gets hammered down" ;)

I should be able to buy the Trond headphones ($60+tax) soon. I've found over $40 in coins his month. A few more and I'll take'em to Coinstar for Amazon credit (the machine doesn't care how discolored they are and no surcharge!).

I used a Coinstar at Walmart the other day.
Just make sure the coins ain't to dirty or crusty
The girl at Walmart had to clear the machine twice for my coins?
I will have to clean them better next time.
As for the headphones good luck with that.
Hearing problems suck for sure.