Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New E-Trac user

Dig4Fun

First off would like to say hello to everyone. I am coming from an explorer XS, have used it for almost 11 years it has been a great detector.
Living in a small town in the west our history is very limited so I never found the old stuff like you guys find on the east coast but none the less I have in my opinion found lots of good coins with the explorer, but my finds were really thinning out as far as older ones. The explorer was a silver finding machine, but as I said before my finds were really thinning out so I told myself that maybe it was time for an upgrade.
When I first got the e-trac I compared it with the explorer out in the yard but was not pleased with the results, I could not see any real gains over the explorer so I was a little disappointed to say the least, but I remember when I first got the explorer it took me awhile for it to click.
So not sure what to expect I took the e-trac out into the field to give it a go.
Fast forward to today, I have had the e-trac for almost a month now and all I have to say is WOW I am impressed, I don't notice any difference in depth but man o man the trash separation is awesome, I can really notice the speed of the processor. So far every site that I have been to that was well hunted over the years i have pulled a good coin. Over the years with the explorer I used ironmask all the time, so with the e-trac I have been using the quick mask, I also want to experiment with the two tone fer.
Not only will it find the old stuff but it is a new coin finding machine, so far $ 31.84
My good finds so far are.
1 mans gold ring 10kt
1 silver WWll pilot wing bomber pin
1 1920 D standing liberty quarter
5 mercs
5 rosies
1 nickle
25 wheats
Thanks for reading as I get a little more familiar I will post some Pics.

Glad to have ya here. Having had that much experience with the Explorer...you're going to be a wealth of information here. Looking forward to you finds!!!

NebTrac